Only urate poop

Ok, I will do the flush soon.
Exciting news! Another poop!!!

This one does not look pretty at all but it’s something.

And those seeds were already there. She did not poop out undigested seeds, she just decided to poop in them, from what I can see

Attachments

• 62EE6A0D-CBEE-45B6-9743-E6C3E0E91127.jpeg
    62EE6A0D-CBEE-45B6-9743-E6C3E0E91127.jpeg
    682.2 KB · Views: 7
Are those whole grains just uneaten food or undigested food?

Does the poop have a more than usual unpleasant odor? Maybe more "biting or acrid?" Is there any mucous?

I've seen such poop in hens with obstructions.

I am assuming they are uneaten. I did place her there knowing that there were grains there but maybe some of them look softened like they went through her. I would say maybe 5-10 grains that look like they went through her.

So the poop does smell very unpleasant. Much stronger smell too. What do you mean by mucous? From what I can tell there was no solid liquid, all the poop had some structure to it, even if it was small.
Her morning poop stank up the whole garage even though she pooped a few minutes prior to going to the patio, it had a very heavy smell.

Mucous is slimy. Often white.

The fact that the poop smells much worse than normal poop also is an indication of obstruction.

You are doing everything for Eddie that I would do. What is the strength og the calcium? Should be around 600mg. You can give her a second one this evening if she's still in the same predicament. Push fluids. Keeping her nice and hydrated is important.

Mucous is slimy. Often white.

The fact that the poop smells much worse than normal poop also is an indication of obstruction.

You are doing everything for Eddie that I would do. What is the strength og the calcium? Should be around 600mg. You can give her a second one this evening if she's still in the same predicament. Push fluids. Keeping her nice and hydrated is important.
Agree with this, I have a hen with a reproductive disorder, she gets eggs stuck, I've used the calcium citrate therapy, plus Epsom salt bath (not every case) and also gave aquamox on one occasion. She had labored breathing, I really thought she was going to die 😢

Back
Top Bottom