Only urate poop

I'm very relieved you and your parents are okay. Eddie will be okay, too. It wouldn't surprise me that she's suffering from stress/shock from the fright of the storm.

Thank you. I considered that but we really didn’t experience the whole hurricane until night. Eddie and Dev were outside like normal for the day leading up to it and the day after.

I would like to believe that but it seems very delayed. Pretty much a week since it happened.

Still no poop yet. She got her calcium and I massaged her crop. And she got a big ol hug for a while

Well it is 6:30 am and she has not had a single poop since the first one later yesterday.
Her crop has not moved either. I’ve been massaging it throughout the night.

I doubt it is sour crop. No bad breathe and just doesn’t seem like it. She should be pooping. I’m sure it’s a blockage further in. Should I try to find a vet?

how about a molasses flush? What’s the dosage for that? Or would an Epsom salt flush be better?

I am going to give her an Epsom salt bath for 20 minutes when it gets light out.

Ive never done one over of those, however when I give my flock molasses flavored water they do get diarrhea.

The reason I mention the Epsom salt bath was because another OP posted about a possible egg bound hen, but after a couple of Epsom salt baths she had a massive poo and then was fine 😂. I'm going to see if I can find it in my history. I can't remember if he was giving her calcium.

MORNING UPDATE:

I went to check on her at 6:30 and no poop or crop movement. A few minutes later I went to go do something else and my dad took both hens outside and Eddie had a huge poop! Similar in consistency to the one she had last night. Not liquid but not a normal poop either. I don’t have a picture. She ended up pooping all over herself so I gave her a 20 minute Epsom salt bath. I made sure her vent was in the water because it kept opening and closing, kind of letting some go in her.
I filled up their water with vitamins and electrolytes.

Eddie got a very tiny amount of molasses mixed with water. I can’t remember the molasses flush dose. @Eggcessive @Wyorp Rock @azygous Do any of you have the molasses flush dose?

I stuck a gloved finger in her butt. Nothing. No egg but I also couldn’t feel any poop or slightly solid anything.

She is currently eating. I will attach a picture. She still seems normal and happy.

Attachments

• EF847122-CA60-4374-BF07-76020CD5EB10.jpeg
    EF847122-CA60-4374-BF07-76020CD5EB10.jpeg
    507.6 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom