Oooooh no....Silkies???!!!

I've just loved the look of silkies for a long time. I just finally got two a few weeks ago. Although I don't know how big and/or useful their eggs will be. I do know they are smaller, but don't know by how much and if my egg buyers would mind getting smaller eggs. That's the main reason I'm holding off on getting more. I really really want to get a buff silkie (don't know why, I'm just drawn to them) but am holding off for some reason. The two I picked up at a swap have partridge coloring.

See, aren't they cute?
100_3069.jpg

100_3065.jpg

100_3078.jpg

Mine right now are doing pretty well. I do have a heat lamp in there for them, though they don't stay under it all that much. Except these last two days when it's been below freezing! Other than that, I don't know long term as I've only had them a couple weeks. All the birds I get now though have to have small-ish combs. I have a leghorn with frostbitten tips!

gaeamama -Those are really pretty- Those will almost make me get some-BBbbuuuttt--It means another pen and housing and the yard is almost gone now!

And, And, And, And and the next time they come up on the 24 hour auction site I will just have to bid instead of just droooling! Some show girls too..!!
th.gif

What am I saying?
hu.gif
duc.gif

I have to get off this site..

No new pen or housing.. they're all sharing the same space.
Well, not technically yet. All the girls are still getting used to eachother through chicken wire. (I have 5 other young ones too I got at the same time). But they'll all be together, with a big run. I've seen several posters say they house their banties and standards together without problem.

Good luck! I know what you mean, I have to get off this site too!! but I'm keep getting pulled back in!
tongue.png

Cochins are great broodies, too.
smile.png
I've had both, loved them, but my cochins lay better than my silkies ever did, too. (When they're not broody.)

I'm curious... to me the silkies appeal because they are so fluffy... and I like fluffy critters - kittens, bunnies... anything fru fru...

So back to what I was saying... I'm curious do people who love silkies have the same affinity for fluffy critters like I do? And perhaps those who hate cats and rabbits and anything fru fru don't like the silkies?

Just wondering if there is any psycho-mumbo-jumbo to the preference.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom