Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Good morning everyone
smile.png
I got a nice surprise this morning, all the hens are back to laying finally, they were slackin off lately lol. I got a duck egg this morning too! They are finally laying again! And I have some flowers blooming in the garden, spring is on the way!

Don't forget to change your clocks this weekend, an hour ahead
big_smile.png

I been around birds my entire life and usually have a pretty good handle on indentifying them. This one has me puzzled as for the life of me I can't figure out what the rooster might have looked like.
10233_chickens_what_kind_of_rooster.jpg

Last edited:
Woody, I like that! DH is a commercial and private painter and refinishes furniture for us sometimes. Since I'm a glassworker, this will be very handy, thanks. I have about 2000 lbs. of glass in the shop at any given time!

Robin, I have some distant friends in Raleigh and another one thinking about moving there. Beautiful area, though I usually only see it from I95.

Hey Yak! Glad you made it in. Turn those chickens loose, they are great poo rakers!

Hi Opa and friends, is it too late to join in? I love to make new friends and love to chat. Speaking of Spring -- What a blessing to have changes of the season, there is always a renewed feeling to life. The spirit and soul are in need of a good spring cleaning....

Good day, friends of Opa!

It's a gloomy day here in Michigan, but prior to today, we were blessed with unseasonably warm temps & lots of sunshine, so I'm not complainin'!

I'm sipping my strong, black coffee....wondering how many eggs my girls will bless me with today...

Quote:
LOL, morning Sam!

Spring is just arund the corner, the Carolina Wrens are looking for places to nest on our front porch. They choose the darnedest places- last year I had a bucket hanging from a post sideways, and they built a nest in it. The year before, they nested in a backpack I had hung outside to air out. Birdhouses everywhere, but nooooooo, we want some upscale digs!

Quote:
Same here. We dont' name our's either. Except for "Bekah's Bird" teh lone polish hen in the basement. She's there because in December she was attacked by the other birds and nearly killed. She is the only one of her kind and since she belongs to my niece. Bekah, she's not been re-homed.

They do make a TON of dust don't they? I read a few days ago that if I put an air purifier in the basement, it should cut back on the mess? Any one had a try at this?

Back
Top Bottom