Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

So do I.... we missed Swan Lake which was very dissappointing... but I am thinking about really being wild and crazy and getting a ticket for Romeo and Juliet in June.... Twice in one year.... ohhhhhh......

Quote:
Sad to say, BBQ here is pork oriented. Good, but not the same at all. First thing I did here was go get a grill with a firebox off to the side, a big beast. That was easy. It took a month to find a packer trimmed brisket and it was 45 miles away! Finally found some pecan wood, after 5 years.

We are about 12 crow flown miles from the Atlantic, but most seafood here gets shipped out. I like to fish and crab, but need to find a new spot. The old one was converted to condos.

Quote:
Swan Lake is my favorite! I love the herd of swans when they all come out hopping on one foot. I like Giselle for the some reason. Those willies are cool!
Have you ever seen Matthew Bourne's all male Swan Lake? I got to see it in London a couple of years back. It was AMAZING! The male swans were scary as all get out. They even hissed like real swans do. They have the concert on video. I haven't checked you tube for it, but it might be there. I ended up buying the video.

I saw Nashville Ballet's Romeo and Juliet last fall. It was quite lovely.
smile.png

I have seen Giselle twice and Swan Lake once years ago... I do love them both.. I haven't seen the all male one. Hissing would scare me!!! I have to say though, that the male dancers are so amazing to watch... so powerfull...

I crashed but now I am up again for a few minutes. Is it goodnight or good morning????
idunno.gif

Opas Place has really taken off!
I probably wont be on until afternoon so everyone enjoy your morning hours.
smile.png

10233_coffee_love.gif
Coffee is on so why don't ya'll sit down and have a cup with me. Wonder who was the first guy to figure out that if you took this bitter tasting bean and baked it real slow, then smash it up and pour boiling water over it you would have this incredible beverage that makes facing your day a lot more bearable? A no Thistle I was n't there to put the water on to boil for that feller.

Ranchie, you're right about BBQ. Pork reigns here and you almost never find beef brisket being cooked. Low and slo is the secret to any good BBQ. Several years ago I was goose hunting in Guidon LA with my sons and my best friend. My oldest son was friends with the guys who owned the lease we hunted on. We really hit it off with the owners and they fixed a beef brisket for dinner on evening. Early one morning they started a fire to provide the coals they needed for their oven. It was a plate steel box with a lip on top similar to the one on a dutch oven. A couple of spice rubbed beef brisket were placed inside and hot coals were place around and on top of the box. Throughout the day additional coals were added. The old feller doing the cooking said he was trying to cook the meat as slow as possible and he had built the oven that he called his "Cajun microwave". I believe that brisket was about the finest tasting piece of beef I've ever eaten.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom