Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Quote:
I'm doing quite nicely, thank you. I have not started my NaNoWriMo story yet, but in terms of my fanfiction I have one dedicated fan!

Quote:
Quote:
16494_just_cuz_13.gif

One afternoon while in Missouri I took Granny to the Precious Moments Museum in Carthage. There is a building holding memorabilia from the artist's life and copies of all of the Precious Moments figures. Of course there is a gift shop in which you can purchase items but the primary draw is a chapel containing murals and stained glass windows featuring the Precious Moments children.

10233_pict0038.jpg

10233_pict0042.jpg

10233_pict0046.jpg

10233_pict0047.jpg

The plastic Jesus is still missing and Granny thought Rebecca needed something to fill the void

10233_pict0059.jpg

10233_pict0057.jpg

Very sweet of Granny, I bet Rebecca was pleased. The stained glass windows are lovely, the whole place is!

Well darned if it didn't turn chilly again. High forties at night and mid-seventies during the day. Pretty much ideal in my opinion! Firewood coming today, but we won't be building a fire anytime soon as next week is going to be in the eighties again. The only downside is how short the days have gotten!

Puts me in a cooking frame of mind, so maybe some corn & jalapeno soup and later a big pot of beef stew!

Day 10 so I candled the 6 eggs in the incubator. Not good results. Three are clears, 1 looks like a blood ring and 2 look odd, like they may have quit early. Dang it. I was really hoping for better, these are Columbian Bantam Cochins.
hmm.png

I do have more eggs coming next week, smooth and frizzled bantam Cochins. They're coming in from Michigan, let's hope they have a safe and swift trip!

Winter can't be very far off. It currently is 34 degrees. I'll bet that my garden is done for. I had lots of green tomatoes and bell peppers that I started to pick yesterday and now they probably are going to be left for the chickens.

Morgan took this picture of Scott, my youngest, and I so I thought I post it. I wish my entire mustache would turn white instead of just the tips.

10233_pict0064.jpg

It's a little cool here this morning but that is actually a blessing for this morning's project. I've got smoker out and will be smoking 7 pounds of cheese. I found some Monterey Jack on sale and with the cool weather I thought it would be a great indea. Later this week I will be making venison summer sausage and salami. Cool temperatures, the scent of applewood smoke in the air, fresh sausage hanging; definitely makes the portent of the coming cold a little less threatening.

Back
Top Bottom