Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Good to have you back Opa!
wee.gif
I'm glad you had a safe trip and jumping right back into the "grind" sounds just like you.

Hello to everyone!
frow.gif

Later, Mary

edited because I can't spell early in the a.m.

Last edited:
hugs.gif
to all!

Opa: Wow, must have been hard work!
NotAFarm:
frow.gif

Ranchie: Give Highlander a little sympathy.
tongue.png

Highlander: Ducklings! Post pictures when they hatch, please!

I remembered to take my camera this time and will upload a few pictures a little later. Just got in from work and am waiting for David to come in so I can find out what is on my schedule for tomorrow.

I found one more good thing about living in the snowbelt. Things grow in the south that I don't have to deal with here in the cold. One day while helping Joe with the haying, I took a break and drank half a glass of iced tea. I only had time to drink 1/2 of it so I sat in on the porch. When we quit working due to the darkness, I picked up the glass and continued drinking it. As I finished the last swallow I felt something in my mouth that I quickly spit back into the glass. Closer examination revealed that it was a spider. While almost ingesting an insect isn't one of my favorite thing, discovering that it was a brown recluse spider really made cold and snow suddenly seem more attractive.

Ick on the spider, those recluses are nasty customers! Glad you and Granny had a nice time.

PK, It's the other way round with Highlander, she's always picking on me!
hit.gif

Good morning PK, doing well, thank you! How are you? How's the writing coming along?

I am playing hooky this morning, but very soon I will have to start the chores. Some days I just need a little motivation!
big_smile.png

Quote:
I so agree with you Sam...there are many things in the south that I do not miss....and I am so very happy I do not have to deal with them in the cold north. The recluse is one of many spiders I do not miss, the giganto wolf spider, copperheads, fleas, ticks, chiggers, just to name afew.....I love living without them!

Back
Top Bottom