Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Thistle, I'm glad that you are having a great time. You are right about the happiness of children making the trip worthwhile. Scott was 5 when we went to Disney World and I still remember the excitement in his voice as he exclaimed, "Dad, look, Chip & Dale are real".

It was back in the mid 70's when I went down to Disney World down in FL. Oh what fun we had! I am hoping ONE day I shall take my daughter down there if my body can take the heat! Heat and me don't get along, particuarly when high humidity is involved. Bad combination!

I remember going with my cousin down at St Petes to the Gulf of Mexico beach (unsure what location) and had a good time. Then my cousin decided to play a mean trick on me "There is a shark, get out of the water NOW!" Boy, did I fly! Once i got to the beach, she ROFLYBO and once I saw the joke was up, I was furious! Heart in throat, pounding not a nice feeling but made me madder than hell. Looking back, I had to laugh and kids would be kids!

WV is a different agenda...copperheads and seeing the beautiful mountains, just peaceful.

We were on vacation for three weeks, from Bloomington, IL to WV (Pirgitsville?), all the way down to Disney, then on to St Petes, then on to New Awlins, then up to Shreveport and then back home, we were exhausted after the trip! And three different locations of scenery. Majestic oak trees, to walnut and pecan trees, Spanish moss trees, cool weather to hot and humid weather.......its a wonder we didn't get sick LOL!

cool.png

Spent the day out in the yard, moving things about. Took out the landscape timbers and moved some perennials. Enjoyed the breeze. It was occasionally hot and sometimes a nice breeze would kick up.

Finally found some shelving and some gutter screen and made myself a couple of shelves with divider baskets for the incubator. Day 18 is Thursday/tomorrow and temps tonight are supposed to drop to 57. Figures. Bator is in the garage, so we will see how things go.

Since it is midnight and pitch black outside, I was thinking about going outside and candling those eggs. But I stayed inside a bit longer and changed my mind. I think I will check out the back of my eyelids instead.

wink.png

Bonnie

Last edited:
Well, the bad news is that Ranchie and DH have contracted a stomach bug.
hit.gif

I'm still stuck at home. I thought I might be getting better but today's breakfast of water did a U-turn. So it's wait and see. Certainly don't want to share the joy with anyone else. Especially when they're on vacation!

Ranchy, no fun getting a "bug" in your system!

Phew, it may be cooler today but the humidity is what giving me the fits. I had to clear out one section of the fence out front, filled with milkweed vines and mulberry trees sprouting all over the place. Hubby may need to take the brush killer and see if it would end the milkweed and mulberry trees. Darn things are so difficult to dig up because of the gravel AND concrete. They seem to find the smallest crack and grow there tha tyou could not even dig them out. GRRRRR!

However I feel accomplished! Two more fence lines to go. Whats worse, they are chain link fences. I would love tear them down and put up privacy fencing on the west side.

Ranchie, take a gander at my avatar, it's been up for several weeks and is the real me and the picture is not quite a year old. Pitiful isn't it?

Another day has started and I thought it would be a good idea to change the avatar to another good picture of me. The pictures of me that are the easiest on the eyes are from 30 and 40 years ago and using those would fit into the same category as using Sam Elliott's visage.

It appears that today is going to be the last reasonable temperature day that we are going to have for a while. The forecast is for 90's with high humidity and heat indexes over 100. Sounds like I won't need to be to concerned with heat lamps for the newly hatched chicks. I should wait and see how the hatch goes before I start counting them.

Too bad I can not "blow up" the pic of your avatar to see more of you. Must be Sam Elliot's long lost brother!

I have not seen Sam in the movies in a LONG time. Is there going to be another Western in near future for him? I think he does BEST in Western than modern cop shows.

Went into the coop this afternoon and heard the sound of chicks. I checked the broody and she had hatched 2 chicks, eaten 3 eggs, and 1 egg is left. Hopefully it will have hatched by tommorrow so that I can place her and the chicks into a chick proof tractor. I have 21 eggs due to hatch tomorrow and I intend to put some of those chicks with her as well.

Back
Top Bottom