Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Good luck on your fishing trip Sam. It is amazing that you are able to fish comfortably in January! I know the weather is just mocking me for moving south, Montana has had the warmest winter with temps 30+ above normal and no snow in sight! Yesterday it was warmer in Sidney Montana then it was in Eclectic Alabama, go figure!!!
roll.png

I have been appling for jobs lately, I have an interview with Lowes this morning. I am not sure it will be wise for me to get a job there as I love to spend money there! I am a sucker for all the cool home improvement gadgets and I love to buy plants in the spring, I can see any money made there being spent there, plus some!
big_smile.png

Have a great day everyone!

V, glad the weather is not beating you up to badly.

Glad warmer weathers are making people a bit happier. We need a bit of "happy sun"! As for me, miserable with a cough and cold that I am literally sucking on honey, horehound and soup. I run myself ragged at times, don't ask why, but we women just keep on going and going until we are so sick, we are walking zombies. I just don't know when to stop until I am down and out. Seems like if I stop, everyone falls apart. Pull by the bootstraps and keep going!

Hope fishing is GOOD! I didn't think fishies would be out and running but gone deeper in the water. Do they have antifreeze in their system?

Harlan, wish you all the luck at Lowe's. It would be a fun place to work! Imagine all the wood work pieces you can drag home to build more coops or home improvements?!
tongue.png

Today was a long hard day of fishing. The water temperature at the surface was 34 degrees so even though it supposedly reach 51 today it sure didn't feel like it. Since I was awake at 3am and didn't get back home until almost 8pm, this old boy is tired. We only took one 4 lb steelhead but compared to the other that we talk with we did get.
Never realized how difficult it would be to yawn and type at the same time and since I doing more yarning than typing I've got to go crash.

Quote:
Hi V, it went well, I think I have a good chance at the job. I am not sure if I am wanting this job for the extra money or so I can spend the extra money at the store!

Lowes is a home Do it Yourself Mega center, and I already should own stock in it! I always go there to get my home improvement stuff and they always have a massive selection of plants and trees in the spring! But I guess if I can get the job, I will be spending the money to improve the house and yard!
roll.png

Opa, Glad you had a good time, and one nice fish is much better then none! Besides, it was in the 50's there, you can't beat that for this time of the year!

Nice job Opa, and it is so weird to see no ice or snow in January.
Here today it got up to 54 degrees...this has got to be the strangest winter I remember in a long time. We had a huge snowstorm in October and nothing since. I am not complaining at all, I really could get used to this. Of course my kids are complaining about no snow and no snow days.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Years!

Ate that fish for supper tonight. I broiled it and it tasted pretty good, but it wasn't as good as deep fried walleye or crappie. However, fresh fish is still a pretty good meal. If I factor in the gas cost of this trip and the four others where I caught nothing, this meal cost $150. So we better have enjoyed it.

Hi everyone! Nice fish Sam, nothing like fresh fish for supper.

I am happy to report that I am back among the living! Been sick since 2 days after Christmas and can't remember EVER being so miserable and puny from the flu/bronchitis/whatever! Even hubby was worried about me and did all the chicken chores and looked after momma for me. But today I almost felt good. Think I just got too worn down before Christmas getting everything ready and was exhausted; hugged (apparently) several sick people and it knocked my socks off.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and New Years!
It was 70 degrees here again today; but a cool down is on the way. So maybe things will get back to normal soon. Not that I am complaining, its been lovely weather the last several days.

Have a good evening!
CCMH

Back
Top Bottom