Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Quote:
Doesn't that make your swimming suit hard to wash?

It would, but only if I put a 'literally' in front of the word 'swimming'

Opa, guess what? I discovered yet again today that I don't know my girl parts from my boy parts very well. What I thought was a girl part on my yak baby turned out to be a piece of hay and a shadow. LOL! While observing more closely, Tom and I discovered what is unmistakenly white hairy round objects. Said yak also urinated from the midriff, confirming our visual analysis. What we have is a Royal bull. New pics:

36285_dsc_0117.jpg

36285_dsc_0116.jpg

His mom, telling me to back off....
36285_dsc_0120.jpg

His big brother, another beautiful bull....
36285_dsc_0127.jpg

Baby head-butting a tree-I thought it was too cute!
36285_dsc_0130.jpg

YakLady, beautiful pics! It makes me really consider yaks once we get a place. (Also interested in Scottish Highland cattle and Saanen goats.)
And since you couldnt get close to the baby no one can blame you for the case of mistaken identity.
smile.png

I am up tonight, insomnia so reading posts. What better way to relax????
Just looked out and its raining here tonight.

Well, I must say, for DH and I to come dragging in at around 11 pm at night is a rarity! Told him about 9 that I was ready to come back to the woods!
I found a breeder of Silver Duckwing OEGBs right here in this tiny little community I live in at the poultry show and haven't been able to find them anywhere else-I was pretty excited about that.
Opa I had no idea you had Pyncheons-I have 7 mille fleur and 2 Porcelain in my brooder box as we speak(maniacs, aren't they?). Too bad you don't live any closer, I have 3 gorgeous mille fleur roosters you could take off my hands.
YakLady your new bull is so handsome
love.gif
Maggie
hugs.gif
for the insomnia-it is becoming somewhat of a regular occurence(sp) for me nowadays-think I'm gettin' old. I saw the most gorgeous Black Sumatra rooster at the show-DH and I had talked about getting rid of the Sumatras, but after seeing the mature rooster, we changed our minds.
Hope you all had a wonderful day!

Last edited:
Hi Sheila!! LOL, yup, I am still on.
roll.png
Insomniacs of the world unite, huh?
smile.png

Do you have a pic of silver duckwing OEGBs? My OEGB eggs never arrived, I dont know if he didnt send them or they got lost in the mail or what. Oh well. I do plan on trying to incubate some in the future.(Yeah, I know, what DONT I plan to incubate???? I get teased about it frequently.
smile.png
) Congrats on finding the kind of birds you were looking for.
smile.png

As far as getting old, you arent old!!
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Maggie I had to Google Silver Duckwing OEGB to find a pic. I don't think I told you(if I did I apologize) that my 5 week old Pyncheon roosters are crowing. I laughed so hard at the little guys it scared them. They were the cutest things just crowing their little bitty hearts out!
gig.gif
That would be a good one for YouTube!

LOL, I bet they sound like wind up toys! Thats what my smaller roos have sounded like in the past.
Ack!! I have to get offline and make an attempt at sleep, my eyes are going crossed I am so tired but the computer has hold of me.
Back beast!!
big_smile.png

Night everyone....zzzzzzzzz....I HOPE.

Het Opa. My invisible hommie of many strange words. I read back a few pages and saw Mama G and Lady Orpie is still hanging out and PK. Boy i miss the Fun fiction we used to write on the Castle Thread. Real life is OK but nothing beats the make believe. I was going to post 4 pics on the Castle and let yall pick the Sir WSL and see how close yall could get but i got busy and side tracked on the farm. Yall have a great day.

Back
Top Bottom