Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

David was here and we went out to inspect a job and determine where the roof was leaking. As soon I we go up there it was quite obvious. It hadn't be done properly to begin with. These people just had it reroofed two years ago and when it leaked last winter they had the roof come back out to repair it. He smear a little mastic around and told them if that didn't fix it the problem was with the original house framing and they would need to get a carpenter to fix it. The problem is that he didn't take winter snow loads and roof angles into consideration. It's going to take a least a $150 in materials and a half a day for two men just for the outside. Then inside the drywall must be repaired and repainted. I know they are going to mumble and grumble when I tell them how much.

While I was out I decided that inspite of how poorly I feeling I probably going to live, so David and I stopped and bought our turkey hunting licenses. I picked up the sugar and pectin that I needed to make strawberry freezer jam. Got home and Granny and I made 12 pints of jam. I wouldn't have wanted to make it if I wasn't feeling better. Can't leave a bunch of jelly for my heirs to fight over.

Have you ever noticed that dachunds are either wonderful friendly little dogs or meaner than sin. I have a customer with one that likes to come up to you wagging its tail and then bite you. I had one that I bought while I was in Germany, a red long hair. She was a sweet little thing and lived to be 16 when we were forced to put her down.

I just wanted to say hey. I have been reading and love the company here. I'm Beth and am in need of something to take my mind off life here.
smile.png

I hope no one minds me butting in.

Last edited:
Quote:
C'mon in, Beth. This is Opa's thread, but he always welcomes new folks here.
Wonderful bunch of new friends I have found since Opa started this!

Opa you are so right about the doxie temperment. I've had both. Keeping my fingers crossed that my new little guy is the sweet, friendly kind. I took him to the vet yesterday and he was SO friendly that my vet got distracted from talking to me and started playing with the dog.
big_smile.png
I'm glad you're feeling better today, but don't push yourself, there is some nasty stuff going around down here right now.
Maggie, I need to post some more pictures of him-he is a beautiful little fellow.

Beth, I'm glad you have joined us. Easttxchick is right, everyone is welcome here and for some incredible reason this thread has only attracted nice folks. I have met some wonderfully kind and generous people here and look forward to logging on each day to spend some time with my friends.

Hope fixed spaghetti for supper and as she often does, she made a breadstick called "Butterdips". I can't believe how quickly she can get them made. She has perfected her technique of kneading the dough into sticks and placing them into melted butter to bake. They come out of the oven a wonderful golden brown with crispy edges and a light airy center. When my father was alive, and still able to travel, when my folks would visit she would make butterdips everyday for him. He thought they were the best tasting bread to have with a meal. Now everytime she makes them I can't help but think of him.

Last edited:
Morning everyone!

Sam, hope you are feeling better today.
hugs.gif
Welcome Beth!

I just remembered that I forgot to post pics of our day at the beach on Sunday so here they are. I took the dogs for a walk in the woods last night so I have tagged a couple of those pics on too!

Well poo. BYC uploads are not working right now. Maybe later!

Have a great day everyone.

Back
Top Bottom