Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

iwould love to send them to some friend in the US but i doubt they would live the plane journey and your looking at mega £££ or $$$ for them to travel in the cabin it would just kill them in the hold i think and all that on and off planes have you seen how they throw the suit cases you would get scrambled eggs ready for the pan not the bator. yet my friends sister is studying in america maybe i could ask her to take some back with her when she comes home next huuummmm
caf.gif
something to think about and look into i think that will be as when there there it just posting well i dont know when she's coming back next or if they would allow the eggs to travel as is outside against regs to send eggs hummm will see what i can find out Opa fo you and for Kathy Highlander i'll see what i can get for free if its over 4 you can have the extra's if you want i only want 4 i only have a tiny Bator that im using at the moment look

53422_dscf0249.jpg

i have 10 in at the moment but i wouldnt want to crowd the Orps as they are only silkie/frizzle and sizzle eggs they are small could fit about 15 in but i have 4 in and 6 salmon faverolles i have added today so as you see my tiny bator is good but tiny i'll see what he is willing to let me have

Worked with David all day. We had to demo a bunch of offices inside a factory. That kind of work sure reminds me of our age differences. He hardly looked tired and I looked completely beat. Handling all the lumber with nails in it resulted in lots of perforations to my hands. Years of hard work and arthritis are starting to show, the calluses and scars are many. I'm reminded of an old country song that Hank Snow did many many years ago.

These hands ain't the hands of a gentleman
These hands are calloused and old
These hands raised a family these hands built a home
Now these hands raised to praise the Lord
These hands won the heart of my loved one
And with hers they were never alone
If these hands filled their task then what more could one ask
For these fingers have worked to the bone

Now don't try to judge me by what you'd like me be
For my life ain't been much success
While some people have power but still they grieve
While these hands brought me happiness
Now I'm tired and I'm old and I ain't got much gold
Maybe things ain't been all that I planned
God above hear my plea when it's time to judge me
Take a look at these hard working hands
(God above hear my plea when it's time to judge me)
Take a look at these hard working hands

Gee, Opa, I'm exhausted just reading about your day!
Fairybee-Chocolate Orps-that sounds beautiful. I would love ANY breed that is chocolate-I think they're beautiful.
Bluemoon-HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Well, need to get to bed, it's getting late. Hope you all had a wonderful day.

Last edited:
Happy 2nd Birthday, Moonie!

Started out rainy, but it has cleared up beautifful now. So time to work on the runs some more. The injured hen was being attacked again, so she is now hanging out in the duck pen! It's going well in there except for her trying to grasp the concept of swimming,
lau.gif

Goldie, in my avatar, has gone seriously broody. I swapped fresher eggs yesterday after I crowbarred her off the nest, so today is Day1. I've never had a broody before, this should be interesting!

That's a nifty little incubator Fairybee. Never seen one like it. Chocolate Orps? Oh yes!

Guess I'll go pound some fence posts, at least the ground has softened. I am too old for this stuff...................
roll.png

well ive fully spoke to the man and i found out about the eggs im afraid the eggs i would be having are not pure clive the roo is a split orp with chocolate and black orpington genes and martha is a pure chocolate hen so we have a chance of a percentage being chocolate a percentaged being black and a percentage being split but any roo's would have the chocolate gene
well thats the way i undestood it anyway his pure chocolates are all accounted for at the moment but its still a start
big_smile.png
and there free

That's a nifty little incubator Fairybee. Never seen one like it. Chocolate Orps? Oh yes!

it was my friends sons firts bator he got it off this site they make there own and also do make your own kits
http://www.homemadeincubator.co.uk/
i must say its great easy to use and the thermostate works a treat ive never had to touch it once ive started and best thing is its nice and cheap am getting another one i think and its only £38 for all i need​

Just checking up on BYC posts.
smile.png

I came in a short while ago from the garden, been slowly but surely digging it up by hand since I want to get it planted next week.
Chocolate Orps??? Never heard of them but they sound interesting.
smile.png
My favorites in colors of chickens are the lavenders, blues and splash.
Dont know if I said, but on Monday I got 14 mottled banty cochin eggs, they are in the incubator now.
Its sunny here but they say rain is supposed to be on it ways. We desperately need it.

Back
Top Bottom