Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

lad you liked goldies picture everyone im a dab hand with paint i used to do something called dolling which uses paint.
big_smile.png
me and my little girl lily went to feed the ducks and geese at the park today and i was talking to the warden i know they have had a pair rare ducks turn up and they dont know where they have come from they are very friendly though which is a problem as so many people walk there dogs there and there not all well trained or friendly im worried about them buth gary say's he will keep his eye on them from what ive been told there a pair of Northern Pintail Ducks does anyone know anything about them or if they even come to england they are very beautiful what ive read say's there a far traveling bird but it doesnt tell you where they travel too?
hu.gif

Opa I don't hunt and would absolutely love that front door! I do see how it anything to do with hunting and everything with the beautiful outside!!

We quite often get to work in some pretty amazing houses. A few years ago I spent 16 weeks doing the finish carpentry on a 10,000 square foot log home. There were 12 interior doors that were made from book matched knotty cherry and were absolutely beautiful. If I remember correctly those 12 doors cost $46,000. I was a little scary working on them for fear of cutting them wrong. I sure wish I could afford to hire me to work on my own house. But then I can't even afford the material so the point is moot.

Anyone know a good cure for hiccups? DH is being plagued with them right now, which means I am too! We've tried the sugar, drinking out of the opposite side of the glass, stretching and pinching top lip. Nothing working. Anyone know of anything miraculous? Please?

Last edited:
Good afternoon Opa and everyone else. I have not been around too much lately, as it has been so nice out, I can't justify sitting in the house online when there is so much to do. Sigh, I was so spoiled during the winter! The yard is such a mess from the harsh winter we had. We finally burned so we don't have a 10 foot high 20 foot long pile of yard waste anymore. Soccer season has started also, so I can kiss my Saturdays good bye for the next 2 months. If it sounds like I am complaining I really am not, Yeah Spring has finally sprung!!!

My oldest DS has already tilled for me, we already had peas and garlic in, but now it's time to get busy. I have missed keeping up lately with what is going on here, and I feel like I have missed a lot. Anyone else feel like they are very busy now that spring is here? All I can say is thank goodness the days stay light longer, or we would never be able to get everything done that needs to be done.

Opa, I would love that door, DH and I absolutely love stained glass! It is a shame what some people will get rid of.

Quote:
Cap full of cider vinegar the clear kind ive been told but its one of those things lots of people dont have lying around or a good scare

I have plenty of ACV of course, I'll try that thanks. I don't think I should give him a scare - he has gastroenteritis right now, I might give myself some extra washing to do!
lau.gif

I once had hiccups at 45 second intervals that lasted for over 2 weeks. Scott, my youngest, tried to cheer me up by telling me that I was no where near the world record. When I asked how the record holder got rid of them he told me suicide. I finally had to go the the hospital emergency room where they gave me a shot that knocked me out. When I awake 4 hours later the hiccups were gone.

2 weeks? holy moly. His are coming and going, lasting about an hour each time. they are quite violent though and painful for him. Wish I knew how to stop them.

Back
Top Bottom