Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Hi everyone...
Thanks for caring.
MamaG
hugs.gif

hit.gif

Last edited:
Good day all,

SOSDD here, hot and humid! Any outside work gets done in the morning or evening, the afternoons are spent in the AC. Can't imagine how folks used to survive South Carolina summers before AC. Even the number 9 snake got to spend Monday inside, in a bucket in the living room. DH forgot to take him when he left and I was afraid he might get too hot in the bucket on the porch.
roll.png

Hi viejo loco, welcome! Hot where you are, too?

MamaG,
hugs.gif

Hi Ranchie. Thanks for the welcome from you and Opa. It's not that hot where I am, only around the 100 mark, plus or minus, but we have a cool breeze almost all the time. Plus, we are fairly dry here, not the high humidity you people have.

Just got back from taking Granny to the eye doctor. She has been receiving an injection directly into her eye into the bed of the retina to disolve the blood clots and reduce the swelling from the ocular stroke that she had prior to moving in with us. On the first visit a year and a half ago the vision in her right eye was 300/20 and now its 70/20. People talk about the good old days but this procedure is less than three years old. In the good old days she would have been blind.

This morning the weatherman said that the temperature was going to be 90 and that the heat index would be 95-100. He also said that severe storms were headed this way. Torrential rain, hail in excess of 1 inch, and winds over 70 mph. So far the temperature has only reached 72 so I'm hoping that he has missed his forecast big time. Hail larger than 1 inch could do some serious damage. Besides the potential damage to buildings and vehicles, can you imagine what it will do to my garden?

Quote:
It certainly is amazing what they can do to the human body these days. Glad Granny is getting her sight back, it must be wonderful for her. Hope your garden survives the weather.

Howdy everyone! Sounds like you are all as busy as we have been. It has been really hot and humid here lately-yesterday or the day before, I think our heat index was like 106-whew! My poor birds are just laying up in the shade for the biggest part of the day-I feel so sorry for them.
sad.png

MamaG I am so sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif

I have been really busy working on a breeding program for my Black Sumatras-decided that is the direction I want to go. Have gotten some beautiful birds and waiting on eggs from some wonderful BYCers.
Between the garden, yard work, tending birds and trying not to pass out from the heat, we are kept hopping around here.
I hope you are all doing well! Miss you guys!
hugs.gif

So far the weather hasn't been as bad as they had forecasted but it's still pretty hot and muggy. I hate humid weather.

ETC, you need to show us some pictures of your birds. Last year I was offered a pair of black sumatra's that had taken 1st place in the Ohio fall poultry show. I turned them down thinking I didn't want to deal with another rooster, then rethought it and called to see if they were still available. Sadly a day or two before I called they were killed by a raccoon.

I haven't carved the 2nd emu egg yet, waiting for inspiration and ambition to hit at the same time. Before I became addicted to chickens it was a little easier to find time to go out to my workshop.

Back
Top Bottom