Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Pati I will be praying that all will be well with you and that the nasty cancer leaves your body now!

OPA sorry about your chickens. I am worried about losing some of mine because my new cage/run is not as steady as the old one. What do you do too winterize the coops. My DH thinks that I don't need too do anything but I know better than that but I am just not strong enough right now too do what needs too be done. I sure hope they don't get too cold. I will see if he will close the doors on them at night though. Maybe their body heat huttled together will keep them warm.

All my grandchildren call me Oma! How did you get the name Opa?

Last edited:
Opa, sorry about your chicken loss. I'm in Ypsilanti & am also seeing some dirty rotten#***# hawks. I have put my Roo & Gals on Lockdown for a few days. Almost have the run totally covered in Rabbit Guard heavy wire. Should be completed tomorrow, when this wind slows down.

Good day all,

Hello
frow.gif
to all the people I haven't met before now!

Well, the hatch was the worst ever. Only one chick from 7 eggs, dangit. Now I have a solo chick for 15 days or so, until the other 12 hatch.
fl.gif
for a good hatch.

Where's the chick?
14937_img_3209.jpg

There's the chick!
14937_img_3213_2.jpg

He LOVES that monkey! It has feathery fur, feels like a hen to him.

I got both monkeys at the dollar store, the black one screams when you squeeze him. Both dogs and all 3 cats are scared of it.
roll.png
The marbles for the waterer were outside and it was dark, so I used some extra legbands in the waterer.

So I have one bantam Columbian Cochin. The 12 eggs still in the incubator are bantam Cochins, smooth and frizzled, from shelleyb1969 in MI. I hope they all hatch!

It's time to rearrange some pens to make room for these newbies. I have 11 hens in one pen, 5 in another and 4 ducks in yet another. That leaves one large pen for these Cochins, but I need to finish the coop!
big_smile.png

The liitle guy is just to cute.....

Good thing it is still nice and warm in your area....That must be where you are at ...fixing up the coop!

Good Luck on the other 12 in the bator...the little guy will need some company!

Got a big surprise when I went to lock up the chickens tonight. I walked into the Brahma coop and they were all huddled in the corner. I looked over to the roost area and sitting perched on the roost was a sparrowhawk! It flew right over my head out of the coop and into the barn and spent the next 10 minutes flying round the barn and perching on the rafters. Pretty cool huh? Glad I didn't have any chicks in there!

16494_sparrowhawk_002.jpg

What do Columbian Bantam Cochin, look like? I don't think I have ever seen one. I love my Cochin bantams. Will he have lots of colors?
hu.gif

thumbsup.gif

Highlander, That sure was a cool sight.
ep.gif

Thank you for your well wishes and prayers. It is so great to have people care. I am so lucky to have you all.
hugs.gif

Hi Harlan
frow.gif
Your chicken colors are stunning.
woot.gif

Mama2003, Thank You for all your prayers and well wishes!
love.gif

NotAFarm, Thank you also. How can I not get well with all the prayers and well wishes?
bow.gif

Amen Pati! Lots of prayers going up for you and I believe everything is gonna be alright. I love all my friends even though I may never get too meet some of them but I pray for all of them for healing mercies every night and even sometimes during the day.

I've been wondering the same thing, where's my hero? C'mon Sam, tell me how cute my chick is.......
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom