Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Cold here today and supposed to get much colder. It only took 1 1/2 hours to get the driveways, sidewalks, and pathways cleaned and I'm ready for the next round of snow.

I've been trying to quit smoking and have been taking the prescription medication Chantix. The side effects may cause me to quit taking it. Some of the listed side effects are strange dreams, suicidal tendencies, flatulence, constipation, diarrhea, bloating, nausea, and a bunch more. The ones that are bothering me the most are the nausea, bloating, and flatulence. I think that how the medication works is that it causes your body to generate methane in such quanities as to make one terrified of being around open flames.

yuckyuck.gif

lau.gif
Thats a good one Opa!
So looking forward to tomorrow morning and 0 degrees and putting on all the long underwear I own, a layer of clothes, wool socks; coveralls and full face stocking cap and waddling down to the chicken houses hoping I don't fall down and start rolling; its a long way to the bottom. When I open the door all the chickens run because I look like an overstuffed camo version of the Pillsbury dough boy; however all is forgiven when the warm feed hits the pan; then its all happy and clucky and don't get between me and the grub!!!

Opa I have lots of family and friends that just quit cold turkey from smoking, They said after 4 days it was easy. Better than taking a pill with all them side effects.

Does it really work after YEARS of smoking? I've been trying to get my aunt to quit smoking. She is two pack a day smoker, smoked since she was a young teenager and now she is in her mid 50's.

My sons had all smoked at one time or another, one for 20 years, and they were able to quit cold turkey. I've been smoking for over 50 and haven't been able to succeed with any method I have ever tried. Maybe these pills will work although so far they haven't.

Quote:
Suicidal tendencies?????
ep.gif
That's some scary stuff! Pretty drastic way of quitting though but guaranteed to work!
lol.png

hide.gif

Last edited:
Opa everytime you light one up and look at it and say you know what I don't need you too make me happy. Take a draw off it and put it out for another session about about 4 hours from that one.

Quote:
Open flames from the fire are Ok it's when you light a cigarette so close to your face that the famous moustache catches fire and your face bursts into flames that you realise you really should have quit.... the cigs and wrinkles are worth it... the burns aren't....now go rinse your face in ice cold water and put them thar flames out cowboy!

Back
Top Bottom