Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Well I haven't heard of any explosion here in Michigan.

It's been a while since I have posted. I have had a pretty crappy week and wasn't feeling much like anything.

I have decided to sell all my chickens for a multitude of reasons. I had been thinking about it for a while but the events of this week made my mind up for me and I will be advertising them today. I haven't decided if I will keep the 3 chicks still in the brooder or not. I will probably start again with eggs later in the Spring but for now I think I am done. It is actually a relief to have made the decision and I'm not sad about it. In fact I am looking forward to giving the empty coops a jet wash and a lick of paint and making changes to them that I couldn't do because they were full.

I will still have the ducks and the rheas. Hopefully the ducks will start laying in the spring so I won't be eggless for long.

Highlander I hope your week improves
I think everyone else may be hibernating through the cold winter.
We have had two snow days and 2 delays in just a week and a half, not to mention MLK Jr. day off on Monday, and now they are talking more snow tonight into tomorrow. This is great, the only thing is the kids will complain in June when they have to make all these snow days up.

Thistle, sorry to read that your week has been so poor. I too have considered getting rid of these silly birds of mine. When I think of how much it costs to feed them, $100 this month, and I look at their egg production I wonder why I even bother. Several days this month I didn't get any, a few days of one or two and yesterday was eight. Not very productive for 30 hens.

Our weather here is quite cold and the forecasters are claiming that we are in store for the coldest weather in several years. We have however been quite lucky with regard to snow. It's been spitting snow for two days and haven't gotten a half inch. We currently have about eight inches on the ground so I can't complain too much.

CCMH, I've been having to run myself off, otherwise I get nothing done. I start reading and that's the whole day gone in a flash.

Highlander, I too wish I could yell "Mulligan" and start over. But you know how that goes around here. Best of luck to you. It will be fine.
wink.png

Hillbilly, long time no see, glad you popped in!

MamaG, I hibernated when the ice moved in but it's back in the 40s/50s during the day now, much better.

Opa, hope the non-smoking is working out!

I've got a really full plate today because I am determined to get those roosters OUT OF THE HOUSE. They're driving me crazy. DH seems amused when he notices at all, but he doesn't have to listen to them all day long, inside. Means moving ducks and chickens around, not my idea of fun, but I am going to tackle it and mean it this time! I'm pretty sure it's going to require a bit of mud- rain for several days has left mud everywhere.
th.gif

smile.png
Looking at -20 below here tonight plus a good wind. I have to get rid of some chickens, too. Lots of roosters. Woodpile is still looking good. Expect to make it thru to spring. Fishing is slow with the cold weather but, spring ice-fishin' is just around the corner. Oh Yeah!!!!
cool.png

Could somebody please remind me of why some of us choose to stay North in the winter?
The only reason I can possibly think of is Spring and Fall make up for it.
I am ready to win the lottery and buy a winter home somewhere...I would not miss New England in January and February and half of March at all!
More SNOW tomorrow....GRRRR!

Back
Top Bottom