Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Opa, I've tried the haggis at the Scottish festival and it is delicious! Even it has some kind of stink to it like liver-y smelling but oh does it taste GOOD! Oatmeal, organ meats (they are minced so you can't tell what is what) and spices......ooo la la!

Don't forget to "bless" the haggis!
old.gif

Well we had a lovely visit with Laura and Mike. They were just wonderful company and I would be happy to have them back any time. (And I'm not just saying that so I can go to Alabama for my next vacation!).

Be careful putting those lights up Sam, those replacement hips can be spendy.
smile.png

Another day of sunshine. I had hoped to go fishing for steelhead trout today but the guy I was going to go with can't go until Friday so I will go then. Friday's forecast is for 20 degree lower temp and cloudy so I will have to dress a little more warmly but still should be a reasonable day.

I may try to go to one of the local lakes with Hope just to take the boat on a trial run. I made a trolling motor bracket and I would like to see how it is going to work. My boat is actually a modified canoe design that is incredibly stable and I'm optomistic that it is going to be an ideal boat for fishing the rivers for trout.

Quote:
Glad you had a nice visit.
smile.png

Thank you! Who's next while the house is still clean?

big_smile.png

I'd love to visit, but that ain't happening anytime soon - darn. I love seeing all your pics though, that helps my wanderlust!

Quote:
BITE SIZED PICKLED EGGS, im going to try that thansk for the idea....we pickle tons of eggs never really thought of the bantam ones
tongue.png

Fishing is one of my favorites. check this bad larry i got last winter. i can NOT wait for ice fishign season this year!!!
wee.gif

8420_big_bass.jpg

Last edited:
Nice fish. I remember a few years ago while ice fishing, a friend caught a similiar sized bass and as he released it back through the whole the hole he grumbled "wouldn't you know it, the biggest bass I've ever caught and I had to put it back". He wasn't happy when I informed him that bass season didn't close for another week.

LOL bummer. i release everything i catch, but i keep tabs of the weights its my grandmothers private pond so im the only one who fishes it every weekend with my friends. I would only mount like around 10 pounds, its alot of money!

Back
Top Bottom