Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

HP, I'm glad you enjoyed the soup. Winter certainly is a great time for making soup. In fact tomorrow or the next day I think I probably make so vegetable/venison soup.

I need to experiment with ingredients so that I can come up with a special soup for my darlin' Thistle. I bet she'd like a soup made with lemon chiffon cheesecake.

HP, I'm glad you enjoyed the soup. Winter certainly is a great time for making soup. In fact tomorrow or the next day I think I probably make so vegetable/venison soup.

I need to experiment with ingredients so that I can come up with a special soup for my darlin' Thistle. I bet she'd like a soup made with lemon chiffon cheesecake.

Lemon cheesecake soup huh? Yup, I'd definitely give that a go!
big_smile.png

4 days ago I was afraid I'd lose my nose to frostbite, everytime I stepped outside, in the 12 degree weather with below zero wind chills..... Today we have 54 degrees and a Spring thunderstorm.

idunno.gif

Like the old saying goes: If you don't like the weather in Illinois just wait a day and it will change!

Good morning and I hope everyone is blessed with a wonderful day!

We got alot of rain this morning, almost a tease of balmy 50's and then it headed downward when the front moved thru. Not looking forward the possible snow we will have tonight.

Thankfully dd wanted chicken pot pie for supper tonight.

Hubby made a bet with dd about them not watching TV for a week and see how long one would outlast. Strange not having a TV on for the second day but that's OK, I still have my computer time. It is much more entertaining than anything on TV nowadays. I still like the Cosby show......

We went without TV for a couple of years. We had to reconnect a cable and just never got around to doing it. We still had a collection of DVDs and VHS for when we wanted to watch, but no connection to the outside world. It was nice.

Of course it probably wasn't much of a sacrifice here in the land of 3 channels.

I don't know if we could give it up, now...... When the weather is good we get FOUR channels. We are livin' high on the hog, these days!

Today was my old farmer friend's 88th birthday. As I've done each year for the last 30 plus years I took him out for lunch. My best friend Bob accompanied me and it is always enjoyable when he and I get together. It's pretty special to be as close as he and I are and we've known each other since 1962.

The weather here today is rather strange. It has rained off and on all day and at times was quite severe. While it did reach 53 degrees at about 3pm it is now, two hours later, 33 degrees and the temperature is supposed to keep dropping until it get into the hight teens. It figures that the temperatures would drop since tomorrow I have to haul wood to Hope's stepfather's house. While he does have a couple of natural gas heaters in primary heat source is wood. Several times this past summer I asked if he had enough wood lay by for winter and he claimed he did. Hope's younest son hauled two loads with his van and now that wood is exhausted and he is complaining about being out. Since he can no longer drive I get elected.

Last edited:

Yes Opa, it is a great time for soup! Last night I made my Cabbage Creole Soup, and it was so delish, I had it for breakfast!!! I also invented a Broccoli puree that was quite deish last week. I am thinking that and stuffed pork chops may be on the menu tomorrow.

I love cheesecake, but I just can not rap my mind around cheesecake soup. I think the texture would get to me, possibly the thought that I am so old I need to puree even my desserts
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom