Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

That quilt is stunning! I'm sure whoever takes posession of it will appreciate the work and love that has gone into it. Just beautiful.

I wonder how many posts I started to only have them launched into cyber-space before I can finish them? I was two words away from hitting submit when poof it's gone.

A twenty degree drop in temperature since yesterday but it is still winter so one must expect it to be cold. We can't allow ourselves to get to excited by a brief respite since we have at least to more months of snow and ice to endure.

What ever we must face is still nothing compared to the tragedy that struck in Alabama with the string of tornadoes. Hundreds of people had their homes severely damaged or completely destroyed. My prayers go out to them.

Opa, I know its a little early but I want to wish you a very Happy Birthday tomorrow!!!
frow.gif

Coffee is on if anyone would care to join me for a cup. I've drunk my first cup and I'm just about ready to pour another cup. I could pour you one while I'm at it.

Sure was a pretty day here yesterday. Started out with an inch or two of fresh snow but it was all gone by noon and as sunny as it became it didn't take long before the temperature was flirting with 50. I sure wish that I had gone fishing. Today we're supposed to get more snow and the high is predicted to only reach 34. This has certainly been a strange winter.

Lots to do this coming week. I've got to get the necessary paperwork prepared to allow me to handle all of Granny's financial affairs so that I can head for Kentucky next weekend. Granny has spent the past week remember various items that she wants me to bring back. This item is located in this cupboard and another is located in such and such room. There's no telling what if any of her things still remain in her house after four years. My brother was giving away a lot of her stuff while she was there so there is no telling what he has disposed of since she left.

Hopefully I will be able to get everything taken care of to list the house in short order so I don't have to spend more than a few days there. I intend to go visit my brother and I anticipate it being a difficult experience. He is four years younger and to see him debilitated to the point that he requires an assisted living environment is going to be quite sad. I would like to be angry with him for the devastation he visited upon our mother but I can't help but feel anything other than pity. He is like the grasshopper now facing the winter.

I'll have a cup and sit with you for a while Sam. Just taking a break from the housework before I go take the dogs for a walk to the forest so a good strong cup of coffee will warm me up sufficiently before I head out!

We had a beautiful day yesterday also, and I got some coop clean-up done. Last night we had about 2 inches of snow and, althought the sun is not up yet, everything looks so crisp with it's white coat on. I love going out in the morning after the fresh snowfall, the animal tracks there tell a story that I otherwise wouldn't know.

Highlander, I hope you had a lovely walk with the dogs and that everyone has a great weekend.
Thanks for the cuppa, Opa.
caf.gif

What a beautiful day it is today,we got 7 inches of snow yesterday.A lot of clean up today,I had to shovel out 2 pens and lay down straw so they will come out.But I don`t mind a bit I love doing chicken things.Took the big crate out of the silkie coop today that had the baby silkies and the mama,put there heat lamp and food and water in the same place so they would not be to confused.I have 10 baby silkies in the coop with the moms and three in the house in a crate,they will go out when they get old enough.Have orpington eggs in incubator.Love hatching,got my incubator last fall.Here is a pic of some of the silkie babies.Chores done sitting here having a cup of coffee and looking at the beauty of a snow fall with the sun shinning on it.

Back
Top Bottom