Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

What a beautiful day it is today,we got 7 inches of snow yesterday.A lot of clean up today,I had to shovel out 2 pens and lay down straw so they will come out.But I don`t mind a bit I love doing chicken things.Took the big crate out of the silkie coop today that had the baby silkies and the mama,put there heat lamp and food and water in the same place so they would not be to confused.I have 10 baby silkies in the coop with the moms and three in the house in a crate,they will go out when they get old enough.Have orpington eggs in incubator.Love hatching,got my incubator last fall.Here is a pic of some of the silkie babies.Chores done sitting here having a cup of coffee and looking at the beauty of a snow fall with the sun shinning on it.

Adorable!

I can't believe I'm saying that, either. I had a few silkies about 20 years ago, and just one overgrown, over-enthusiastic roo, since. They never made much of an impression, but now I've got 5 in a brooder and I'm already in love.

Here's to a whole new chicken world for me.
big_smile.png

To bad you can't teach them to walk real close to the walls and under beds, it would sure cut down on house work if they'd handle the dusting.

Adorable!

I can't believe I'm saying that, either. I had a few silkies about 20 years ago, and just one overgrown, over-enthusiastic roo, since. They never made much of an impression, but now I've got 5 in a brooder and I'm already in love.

Here's to a whole new chicken world for me.
big_smile.png

You think that is adorable look at this!

Cute chicks! I hatched out some silkies last year but the rats got them at 2 days old.
sad.png

Decided to take my walk to the next level today and go up the hill that overlooks the house. It's quite a hike and not easy going but the view from the top is wonderful so well worth the effort. Some pics from the day: (apologies if you are on dial-up!)

On the way up:

Halfway up:

At the top. The stone circle doesn't have quite such an interesting history as you might think. A local hill runner takes a stone up with him every time he goes and has created it over the last couple of years!

My house is in dead centre of this pic, to the left of the brownish field:

A dirty dog is a happy dog!

Back
Top Bottom