Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

The day started cold and gloomy but I was determined to affect my usual attitude that it was still a good day to be alive. As I sat here drinking coffee my faith was rewarded. Two large tom turkeys were strutting at the back of mowed area of the yard some 150 yards distant. Grabbing my shotgun I slipped out the door and proceeded as stealthily as possible to close the distance. Fortunately I have a large mound in the yard as a shooting berm. The birds were just past the berm and could not see my approach. However, neither could I see them. When I got to the berm I crawled up and then along the top edge. Hesitantly I peer through the weeds and discovered the larger of the two was 25 yards out and 5 yards from his rival. Holding the sight ring on his head I fired. Instantly a turkey bounded into flight but target remained.

Yep today is a good day.

thumbsup.gif

Whatcha gonna make with him?

Thistle, my darlin' daughter, when I open my computer each morning it automatically shows the weather for the locals of all my children. When checking the forecast for you I can't help but wonder does it ever get warm in Scotland?

Back
Top Bottom