Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

CUTE! I love the baby smell............
love.gif

Thanks Chic n Farmer....I totally missed the point!

The babies are named Alice and Julia. I had gone fishing so I wasn't home when then first got here. I got to see them for about a half an hour before they went home and I think that was just about the perfect amount of baby looking for me. Granny commented on how nice they were. Their parents fed them when they first got here and then they immediately went to sleep so they were nice and quiet. Granny also commented on how nice it was they they were going home and not staying here. My sentiments exactly.

Today is going to be a rather strange day. First I must take Hope's car in for repair. Just had new brakes put on the rear and the front brakes were checked and supposedly in good shape. Now there is a strange clunking noise that was never there before.

After dropping the car off we will continue on to the hospital to check on Hope's stepfather. If he is stable he will be transferred to a nursing home. He has mentally gone beyond the pale and sadly will never be any better.

As part of the process of turning his meager assets over to the state we need to determine his current and future debts. One of those expenses is burial. In order to know how much money must be placed in a funeral account we must do discuss his burial with a funeral directory. I'm sure that when this day is over Hope will be a basket case.

On a brighter note, I must also take Granny to the library today. She loves reading and I'm sure that the mental exercise will aid greatly in keeping her in this world. It certainly can't hurt.

Today is shaping up to be a glorious day. Lots of sunshine without being too hot sure does wonders for how you look at the day. Even the chores you detest, like weeding the flower beds, don't seem as bad on a day like today is supposed to be. The grass and weeds are threatening to take over and if I don't do something soon no one will even know we have flowers. I just looked at the weather forecast again. Absolutely calm morning. I'll be the bluegills will be on the beds. If I go fishing for a few hours I'm sure the weeds will still be there. It's days like this that I really miss my sons.

When the boys were still home and I was working at the fire department, my normal shift was a 24 hour day. I normally would get home at 9am. I tried to raise my sons with the premise of if we all worked together we could all play together. Many times I would come home to find the yard maintenance completed, the boat loaded, and them sitting ready to go fishing. Sadly all good things to come to an end but some days I really wish for those days.

The worst day fishing always beats the best day working, Sam.

Sounds like you are a great father.

I grew up with a father who has P.T.S.D.

There were fun times, but mostly we walked on eggshells trying to avoid setting off the land mines.

I am very fortunate to have the sons I have. They are now all in their 40's and we still are very close. I work with David, and the other two, Joe and Scott, call at last once a week. I am very proud of the men they have become but occasionally I miss the days they were my shadows.

Back
Top Bottom