open/close doors from both in and out.

laturcotte1

Songster
9 Years
May 22, 2010
When we build our coop 2 years ago we had a very nice rooster. Fox took care of that now we have Stuart the roman warrior. The cords to open and close the coop doors are inside so when we go in (winter nights) to close the doors we have to wait until Stuart is passed out or we go in with a trash can cover. Also we had to add a door and never put a permanent door in so we use the top of a large tupperware container. The trouble is we have to reach in the door to slide it over the opening. The question finally: How can we put in doors so the cables can open from both inside and outside. Life is so much less stressful without a crazy rooster. The doors were positioned under the windows. I thought I could just reach in and open/close that way but there is hardwire on the windows.

This is just me speaking, so you can take it with a grain of salt.
wink.png
Personally, I would get rid of the problem. Aka, the roo. With children around sometimes, the last thing I want is a psycotic rooster. I have a general rule. Bite the hand that feeds you, the hand that feeds you will eat you.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom