Open front coop done, chicken yard in progress

Pics
No, I haven't. I don't even like to paint anything, but on bare wood 2 coats is always good to do.

That's true. I like it over paint for the interior even though it'll require maintenance, but I prefer the natural wood to be honest. The white is a little better contrast against the dust for cleaning though.

20190527_092703.jpg
20190527_092727.jpg

So much happier with a second coat applied! Almost dry. I decided to leave the roost bare and sanded down a few of the thicker drips. All that's left is to install the vinyl strip curtain over the pop door and put the panels back on the big door. It's windy.

The chicks have been roosting on their bin in the mini coop rather than in it.

Last edited:
View attachment 1791105 View attachment 1791106

So much happier with a second coat applied! Almost dry. I decided to leave the roost bare and sanded down a few of the thicker drips. All that's left is to install the vinyl strip curtain over the pop door and put the panels back on the big door. It's windy.

The chicks have been roosting on their bin in the mini coop rather than in it.

Looks good IM! :thumbsup

Yes, I know that pic isn't great but a couple of the slats are tucked up so the chicks can get in. We trained the older birds to use one. I love that idea! Not mine, I found it here on BYC.

I did the same thing but I just bought a clear runner from Menards and cut strips in it. It works well.

I looked for something we could just make but materials I could find were too heavy or too light. This was just a couple of screws and I was inclined to go with quick and easy.

Back
Top Bottom