~ OPEN | Quail Show | Ends May 17th ~

Better late (and in boring cages instead of outside because it's SNOWING somehow) than never.

Name: NoName
Breed: japanese coturnix
About: This is not who I was originally going to post but she was insistent. This batch of siblings are probably the birds I am most proud of producing. She is a laced charcoal / grau-fee.

View attachment 1778578
View attachment 1778579

And her full sister.

Name: NoName#2
About: I had to crop a few pics weird because she decided to take a massive poop in the middle of the whole shebang. There is no publically agreed on word for her color.

View attachment 1778580 View attachment 1778582
I threw some treats in the corner of the cage to get them to ignore me and then EVERYONE wanted in. Both the girls are in front. You can see blurry of my falb-fee and pearl-fee males.

View attachment 1778581
The second one...
What do you call her color?
I like your names.

The second one...
What do you call her color?
I like your names.

Beats me! I have not even seen any anywhere that I could pinpoint as being exactly the same. She came from my avatar male (charcoal) and a pharoah female and all her siblings are regular/laced charcoals.

The color is kind of similar to my roux dilute, dilute pharoah, and scarlet. I need to get a pic of them all lined up to show the differences. I like this one the best though!

Better late (and in boring cages instead of outside because it's SNOWING somehow) than never.

About: This is not who I was originally going to post but she was insistent. This batch of siblings are probably the birds I am most proud of producing. She is a laced charcoal / grau-fee.

View attachment 1778578
View attachment 1778579

And her full sister.

About: I had to crop a few pics weird because she decided to take a massive poop in the middle of the whole shebang. There is no publically agreed on word for her color.

I threw some treats in the corner of the cage to get them to ignore me and then EVERYONE wanted in. Both the girls are in front. You can see blurry of my falb-fee and pearl-fee males.

View attachment 1778581

I'm not sure I've ever seen those exact colors before—they're beautiful!

I'm not sure I've ever seen those exact colors before—they're beautiful!

Thank you!

Neither have I on the second one. I mean, like, maybe I have? But the sandy red shades are really hard to match to each other from photos, especially in poor lighting.

The charcoal-types are around but only in mixes of things at the moment. The place mine came from I actually wouldn't really order from again but they're in the Schofield Silver Collection if you hatch enough of them. Myshire isolated and relased a line of them alone but is sold out/backordered.

View attachment 1778578
View attachment 1778579

And her full sister.

I threw some treats in the corner of the cage to get them to ignore me and then EVERYONE wanted in. Both the girls are in front. You can see slivers of my falb-fee and pearl-fee males.

View attachment 1778581
Nice entry @CoturnixComplex!

Sorry for the not cute setting, but this is the handsome rooster I am giving @CoturnixComplex

Name: no name
Breed: coturnix
Color: tuxedo ??
About: he looks just like his dad, who hatched from a myshire egg.
KIMG5017.JPG

Back
Top Bottom