Opinion on pullet or roo

brezbyme

Songster
Jan 27, 2018
One of my buff ladies? is changing quickly and although I don't mind either way, I was wondering if I have a rooster. In the first pic, she's on the right and in the last picture she's in the middle.
They are 17 weeks old.

Attachments

• IMG_1659.jpeg
    IMG_1659.jpeg
    666.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1661.jpeg
    IMG_1661.jpeg
    588 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1657.jpeg
    IMG_1657.jpeg
    630 KB · Views: 5
Appears female getting close to lay. We have BO this year, all female. They are just a 1-2 weeks older than yours, and very red in face with good amount of red comb and red wattle development. Yet, the EEs have beat them to be first to lay, go figure! The EEs weren't nearly as comb/wattle developed or red in face, but they have been laying for a few days!

Appears female getting close to lay. We have BO this year, all female. They are just a 1-2 weeks older than yours, and very red in face with good amount of red comb and red wattle development. Yet, the EEs have beat them to be first to lay, go figure! The EEs weren't nearly as comb/wattle developed or red in face, but they have been laying for a few days!
I wondered about that. Her wattle and comb growth and brightness happened in a matter of days. I wasn't expecting eggs for another month or so but perhaps their body starts changing quicker than that. I've still had them on starter feed but maybe I need to start moving them to layer feed.

Back
Top Bottom