Opinions needed...Please!

SunAngel

Songster
11 Years
May 20, 2008
Chambersburg, Pa.
I am wondering if it is just me or if anyone else thinks my White Polish might be a roo?

Sometimes I think hen, because I don't see any pointed feathers and no crowing yet at 20 weeks, but s/he is much taller, stands up straighter and just looks overall different than my WC Black Polish. I have no experience with Polish other than these two, so I am not sure what I am seeing. My WC has a much more compact 'poof' but yet the White doesn't have any of the punker spikes, round feathers, just not as tight and pompom shaped as the WC.

Pic_01Oct072008.jpg

Pic_02Oct072008.jpg

Pic_03Oct072008.jpg

Pic_09Sep162008.jpg

If its a roo, I want to find it a new home before Winter. But I don't want to give up my only White Polish if it is a hen. I sold one that was larger than this one, bigger feet etc. Assuming that one was a roo and this was the hen. This one won't crow or lay eggs yet! (although none of my 20 week olds will lay eggs...stubborn hens!)

Acccckkk, help please!!

Last edited:
I will try. I was just out there looking s/he over really close and I just don't see anything that suggests roo, except for her stature and longer tail.

There are no pointy feathers around the neck or tail, but yet it seems like there are some saddle feathers flopping down the sides of the tail (they are rounded though). It doesnt have those 'horns' that someone suggested Polish roos have and no spikey feathers in the poof. But the poof isn't very compact.

I would think by 20 weeks, it would be crowing, right? I dunno, I am confused. Maybe White Polish are just different than WC Polish?

10564_kasper.jpg

Having the same confusion with this one. (sorry about the sideways pic) I am leaning toward pullet due to the lack of crowing and lack of wattle growth.

Maybe its the beard that makes them look boy'ish too? Yours looks similar to mine, but seems to have more of a rounded chest, like my WC. Mine has no wattles either. Maybe we just have tomboy girls lol.

The black is definitely a hen, no question there. I just posted her as a comparison.

My problem is, the white one has rounded head feathers, nothing like that pic just posted of the Polish roo with the rocker hairdo. But they aren't exactly like my black ones poof either, not as compact.

Are the tail feathers curving at all? They look like they might be. It's hard to tell since it's at an angle. That might be your best clue until it either crows or lays an egg.
big_smile.png
It sure is pretty though! For your sake I hope it's a she!

Back
Top Bottom