Opinions on tbe Farm Innovators 4200 please

Alright, I lied! After a week of consistent temps, I just checked on them and for no reason the temp spiked to 108! I candled and I only see movement in a few. I'm really hoping they are okay, but I don't have much hope. I have some wonderful lav ameraucana and blue marans eggs in their. I'm devastated.....they are at day 13. Save up and get something reliable.

oh no! I hope they are ok. now Im having second thoughts. I was going to go to Farm & Fleet this afternoon to get one.

Im really nervous now and there are only two models available around me locally. I really didnt want to order online. crap! now what to do. Started collecting yesterday

Well I bought it. im having buyers remorse already. Maybe Im just too picky. The plastic shell is paper thin and hums and vibrates. Is that normal? It cant be good for the eggs. I should just bite the bullet and buy the one I want.

My doesn't hum, it was very quiet.......hnmmmm. I LOVE my Lyon Rx. They are not cheap, but I lucked out and found a very nice used one. It also holds like 80 eggs, so I can hatch more at once. I'm going to buy a new digital for mine. I dont think the one I had in there was too accurate. It took too long to register temps.
In still planning on hatching in mine.

Last edited:
Seems to me that no matter what incubator I use at some point(between 10 and 15 days)-there seems to be temperature spikes.
Always seems to happen in the middle of the night.
If it happened during the day it would be easy to fix the situation if you check temps every half hour or so ,but I don't think too many people can just stay home all day every day to babysit an incubator.

I may not be cut out for incubating. Set eggs today and I'm a nervous wreck! 3 thermometers. 3 different readings!!! Going by my digital but it doesn't have a hygrometer. The one I ordered didnt come in yet! The one on the bator cannot be right. My house is dry because of the fire place and it says 70%. The water I added when I started it yesterday is gone. I don't know what to do

Back
Top Bottom