Opinions on this coop?

Pics
I wouldn’t put that much chickens as suggested. The mini is more suited to bantam breeds. I would do only 4 large fowl for mini. Anything beyond that limit look like recipe for disaster.

Okay. Maybe too many pictures, lol, but pictures! It is probably 100 ft from the house at least so I’m not sure about running electric out there. I’m not great with American standard system but my guess is 6 ft wide, 12 ft long and 8 ft to the roof. Roof is metal...small vents on each side. Not sure what other info would be helpful. View attachment 2491836View attachment 2491837View attachment 2491838View attachment 2491839View attachment 2491840View attachment 2491841View attachment 2491842View attachment 2491843
I think chickens and 2-3 goats could coexist happily in here - and as long as you build a big outdoor run - they should get along.

Hi! We’re planning on starting our chicken coop this weekend and hoping for an a frame style tractor. I like these plans:
https://www.greenwillowhomestead.com/mobile-chicken-tractor-build-plans.html

but hubs is having trouble swallowing the price tag. Are there any similar plans anyone knows of that will accommodate 15-20 chickens? This is our first coop btw so if anyone sees anything we’re not consider...we really appreciate everyone’s feedback an opinion!
I
Hi! We’re planning on starting our chicken coop this weekend and hoping for an a frame style tractor. I like these plans:
https://www.greenwillowhomestead.com/mobile-chicken-tractor-build-plans.html

but hubs is having trouble swallowing the price tag. Are there any similar plans anyone knows of that will accommodate 15-20 chickens? This is our first coop btw so if anyone sees anything we’re not consider...we really appreciate everyone’s feedback an opinion!

Sorry to be back in this post again, but I’m wondering about the best course of action for the flooring. It’s completely dirt flooring. As far as I can tell at least. What do I do for litter and keeping it clean? I had considered a deep litter/deep bedding method but I am not sure if that’d work with the dirt floors?

Back
Top Bottom