Opinions on this coop?

We are wanting the goats for milk. Also my eldest daughter just loves goats and would like to have some goats. I’ve definitely heard they are little escape artists but I didn’t realize it was to quite that extent!

We are wanting the goats for milk. Also my eldest daughter just loves goats and would like to have some goats. I’ve definitely heard they are little escape artists but I didn’t realize it was to quite that extent!
I have heard of people who love their Nigerians, and manage to keep them contained....

Personally though, I like teats that can fit at least most of my hand... no way would I ever put up with one or 2 finger milking... my older sister and son, manage to milk a two finger milker.... :idunno

Okay. Maybe too many pictures, lol, but pictures! It is probably 100 ft from the house at least so I’m not sure about running electric out there. I’m not great with American standard system but my guess is 6 ft wide, 12 ft long and 8 ft to the roof. Roof is metal...small vents on each side. Not sure what other info would be helpful. View attachment 2491836View attachment 2491837View attachment 2491838View attachment 2491839View attachment 2491840View attachment 2491841View attachment 2491842View attachment 2491843
I think chickens and 2-3 goats could coexist happily in here - and as long as you build a big outdoor run - they should get along.

The goats would eat the chicken feed, and no, that wouldn't be good.
I think she may be able to do it just fine with some fencing or an area to feed the birds that the goats can't get into. Like a chicken escape door leading to the food. There are lots of creative ways that farmers have been housing animals together forever. If she's creative, I think they should be fine and she could use the same building for both species. That's just my 2 cents though - I'm sure a lot of people disagree.
:idunno

It sounds like I’ll definitely need to do more research before introducing the goats. I didn’t even think of the one finger milking issue with Nigerian goats. My great aunt has a goat farm, so it may be time to go visit her again! Thank you all; I have a vision now for how that shed should be converted to a chicken coop. You’ve all been very helpful!

Back
Top Bottom