Opinions Please On This Baby

She’s a Super Blue Egger. I believe she’s got some leghorn in her, as that is the cross. I don’t know that else is in her, but she is blue splash with red/ gold leakage.
She is a superb layer of large ice-blue eggs.
Here she is at maturity.

View attachment 2860473
She has some crazy spangling/ lacing on her chest.
6367DBFC-CFF1-4579-BB8A-968443D4D9EF.jpeg

Attachments

• 73028B73-4DAF-42CF-8B4A-71A3EF8AAD9F.jpeg
    73028B73-4DAF-42CF-8B4A-71A3EF8AAD9F.jpeg
    656.5 KB · Views: 7
I wish I understood genetics better lol.
Me too! I love learning about the genetics.

I try my best to understand what my particular birds are - so I can make informed breeding decisions.

In this case, the parent birds were hatched from purchased eggs, and in these circumstances you only have the breeders information to go on with respect to their colour and genetic makeup.

In this case, the parent birds are carrying additional traits, so now I just have to work out what they are, what to expect, and from there:

A) Do I want to keep going with these birds knowing the potential chick outcomes?
B) Are these birds going to improve or detract from my goal to improve the quality of the birds in general?

All very well to have birds split to all manner of things, if you WANT to get a lovely lolly scramble of chicks.
But it's rather frustrating when you are doing project breeding and you want to keep your genetic traits as clean as possible to avoid surprise outcomes.

Back
Top Bottom