Opinions please

I'm starting small. I'm going to hopefully buy some kennels to separate certain purebreeds. I'll be starting local first. I don't have a flock with the same breed. I have different breeds. But I'm going to buy some chicks that are purebreds to start it off. Like I want to start with Barred rocks, Buff orpingtons, red and black stars, and white Leghorns
Red and black stars both don't breed true. You would need separate parent stocks to breed those. Good luck!

Here is a rooster and Hen that are both Buff Orpington X White Leghorn. The rooster might be crossed with the offspring instead of the pure BO. I'm going to keep these two together because I've heard of good things about this mix. I've heard that this mix breed can be docile more like the BO.

Attachments

• 20211228_211316.jpg
    20211228_211316.jpg
    576 KB · Views: 7
  • 20211228_211326.jpg
    20211228_211326.jpg
    460.6 KB · Views: 7
Have an idea guys. Some of my hens feel more comfortable being with my dominant rooster, the buff orpington. And some others would rather be with my other rooster, Nugget, and sometimes the big daddy will chase some hens away that won't breed with him but will breed with Nugget. Going to separate some of the hens and put them with Nugget. It'll be a happier, stress free flock lol.

Back
Top Bottom