opinions please

edgeydt50

Hatching
Apr 22, 2015
So on sunday i am picking up 3 6 week old cayuga's

I have constructed a run out of picket fence with wire netting behind it dug into the ground. The coop is enclosed too. For the roof i am looking for something with easy removal so i can get in and out.
Will i be able to use trellis panels put in place or will foxes get in over the top. The fence is only about 1m high.
I am looking at some panels like this that i can easily lift off one at a time. Will this be ok or will i need wire under this too?

http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/forest-trellis---6-x-2ft-924282

many thanks
Chris

So on sunday i am picking up 3 6 week old cayuga's

I have constructed a run out of picket fence with wire netting behind it dug into the ground. The coop is enclosed too. For the roof i am looking for something with easy removal so i can get in and out. 
Will i be able to use trellis panels put in place or will foxes get in over the top. The fence is only about 1m high. 
I am looking at some panels like this that i can easily lift off one at a time. Will this be ok or will i need wire under this too? 

http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/forest-trellis---6-x-2ft-924282

many thanks
Chris

I have a fox problem and they dig under things so fast. I would use hardware cloth or 2X4 welded wire. They can rip apart chick wire pretty easily. I'm not sure what you mean for the top. Maybe pics like the previous poster suggested. The link doesn't work for me.

The wire i have got is actually avery/pen mesh. It is more durable than normal chicken wire. It will be dug about three foot under the fence.
These or the style panels I want to use for the roof. So rather than just using mesh roll over the top i want something that will be easy to remove in separate panels.

They are 6ft wide which is as wide as the run so should fit nicely across. Im just wondering if a fox will get through those holes or do i need to mesh them too.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom