Oprah at the beef packing plant-Feb 1

For some reason I was thinking that all the shows this year were just repeats of her favorite shows over the years. Could be mistaken but I was under the impression that Oprah supported XXXX, and was named XXX's "Person of the Year" a while back.
hu.gif
Seems likely that any new episode would be a mindset slanted to just repeat history.

2. No discussions about animal rights organizations or Cock fighting

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Tell you what, for every CAFO we visit, let's visit a backyard livestock person. You know what I mean, where hogs are knee deep in mud & mire. Cattle/horses same way. Chickens are in little cages. Let's not forget rabbits that live in back yards in little huts, where they are bred upon command. The stress of show rings. The parrots, birds, hamsters, etc forced to live in cages and not allowed to run free............I could go on but you get the idea.

But that's not PC, so Oprah won't do that show. Can't take on that segment of the USA.

Quote:
C'mon Katy, AG is always dealt with fairly.
cool.png
I can't believe any slaughter house would allow her in as she has a huge agenda. Having processed meat my whole life, a slaughter house is a whole different level. The consumer does not want to be shown reality. To eat meat or vegetables, something has to die. It is hard.

hahaha! I agree the consumer doesn't want to be shown reality....

I agree...i DO NOT want to see it. Cause i KNOW it will sicken me.
I prefer to stay blissfully ignorant...yup. No arguments from me there.. cause i do like a good steak.
Now if i chose to be a farmer..then yeah..i'd HAVE to see it. I choose not to, to keep my sanity... what little is left.
I'll let the farmers keep doing their jobs...just wish the SICKO ones would be shut down. Oh well..hopefully someone will catch up with them someday and deliver some much needed justice..
fl.gif

Alas..i cant save the world..so i'll take my Ribeye rare, please...

As for Oprah..i find her to be fair in her reporting.. but again..some folks just dont want to see that. The consumer and, yes, some farmers too.

Last edited:
I like a good rare steak. I also love animals. I've seen the videos that the (imo) terror groups put out. In fact, I'd watch it while eating a steak. Is it sad? Yes. Does it bother me that sometimes mistreatment happens? Of course. Do I generalize and believe they are all that way? Of course not. I've seen the process, and hard and sad as it is, that steak sure is delicious. Oprah can pass on her hamburger...I'll put it in the fridge to eat later.
wink.png

Quote:
hahaha! I agree the consumer doesn't want to be shown reality....

I prefer to stay blissfully ignorant...yup. No arguments from me there.. cause i do like a good steak.
Now if i chose to be a farmer..then yeah..i'd HAVE to see it. I choose not to, to keep my sanity... what little is left.
I'll let the farmers keep doing their jobs...just wish the SICKO ones would be shut down. Oh well..hopefully someone will catch up with them someday and deliver some much needed justice..
fl.gif

As for Oprah..i find her to be fair in her reporting.. but again..some folks just dont want to see that. The consumer and, yes, some farmers too.

IMO Redhen is the exception here... Sure yes, some consumers do not want to see it, yet I feel most have an interest in how their food is handled................. I think it is the INDUSTRY which does not want the consumer to see reality because sales will drop..
wink.png

I will not be watching the program because I do not watch TV, however I am interested in exactly what spin is spun. I would like to see Oprah go hands on with blood up to her elbows.
big_smile.png
Yes I do have the opinion that anyone who eats meat should process an animal at least once! (Sorry Redhen..)

Me I process my own, or I buy on the hoof direct from a LOCAL producer.. I feel the less people handling my food the less chance for mistake..

ON

Quote:
lol.png

Redhen, the industry does it's best to shut down inhumane operations. Most shut themselves down as they can't get production, go broke. Everyone in the industry would agree that the slaughter houses are the worst part of Ag. There is no other way to eat meat but to kill an animal. Just like the vegans have to kill plants to eat. It's just plants don't have eyes and don't make noises, but they are just as much alive as an animal is. Maybe I should take a cause to shut down vegans as being inhumane to plants???

Quote:
fl.gif

IMO Redhen is the exception here... Sure yes, some consumers do not want to see it, yet I feel most have an interest in how their food is handled................. I think it is the INDUSTRY which does not want the consumer to see reality because sales will drop..
wink.png

I will not be watching the program because I do not watch TV, however I am interested in exactly what spin is spun. I would like to see Oprah go hands on with blood up to her elbows.
big_smile.png
Yes I do have the opinion that anyone who eats meat should process an animal at least once! (Sorry Redhen..)

Me I process my own, or I buy on the hoof direct from a LOCAL producer.. I feel the less people handling my food the less chance for mistake..

ON

Lol..yep.. you know i'm usually the odd one in the bunch...
tongue.png

Quote:
lol.png

Redhen, the industry does it's best to shut down inhumane operations. Most shut themselves down as they can't get production, go broke. Everyone in the industry would agree that the slaughter houses are the worst part of Ag. There is no other way to eat meat but to kill an animal. Just like the vegans have to kill plants to eat. It's just plants don't have eyes and don't make noises, but they are just as much alive as an animal is. Maybe I should take a cause to shut down vegans as being inhumane to plants???

That's a good point and sad thing about living on planet Earth. Everything has to eat another living thing (or it's offspring i.e. seeds/fruit) to survive.

Quote:
lol.png

True... It must hurt those widdle plants when you rip them from the ground...
gig.gif

Yeah..i understand if we eat meat..somethings gotta die. Thats just how it works. *sigh*
I just dont want to see it... afraid it might turn me off of my yummy rare steaks..
droolin.gif

I feel like there is nothing i can do about it anyways... so ... yeah... i dont even want to see it. No point in even watching it..IMO

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom