Oprah at the beef packing plant-Feb 1

Quote:
lau.gif
hide.gif

Quote:
So you really believe that it's that way in every packing plant? It's not and if they showed how it is in most of them those groups would never win anyone over to their way of thinking. I haven't seen any new undercover videos in years....just the same snippets over and over again. I don't care whether you eat meat or not that is your choice, but don't let a very biased group of people direct your thinking. Butchering is not pretty no matter how humanely it's done.

Quote:
So you really believe that it's that way in every packing plant? It's not and if they showed how it is in most of them those groups would never win anyone over to their way of thinking. I haven't seen any new undercover videos in years....just the same snippets over and over again. I don't care whether you eat meat or not that is your choice, but don't let a very biased group of people direct your thinking. Butchering is not pretty no matter how humanely it's done.

Amen, Mrs. Katy.

As for the part in bold, isnt that the truth. If I see that cow getting pushed by a forklift one more time Im going to chuck my tv out the window.

Quote:
So you really believe that it's that way in every packing plant? It's not and if they showed how it is in most of them those groups would never win anyone over to their way of thinking. I haven'tti seen any new undercover videos in years....just the same snippets over and over again. I don't care whether you eat meat or not that is your choice, but don't let a very biased group of people direct your thinking. Butchering is not pretty no matter how humanely it's done.

Amen, Mrs. Katy.

As for the part in bold, isnt that the truth. If I see that cow getting pushed by a forklift one more time Im going to chuck my tv out the window.

Exactly. They take isolated incidents and use them over and over to incite the responses they need.

Quote:
Amen, Mrs. Katy.

Exactly. They take isolated incidents and use them over and over to incite the responses they need.

If you tell a LIE long enough the public will believe it!

There are so many pieces of misinformation posted in this thread and on BYC.

Here are some facts:

We are using fewer antibiotics in livestock production than we did in the past (I don't have the references handy)

We must produce 100% more food by 2050 and 70% of that increase must come through technology.

Commercial livestock producers must provide proper housing, nutrition, and health care to be profitable. The assertion that livestock farmers mistreat their animals is counterintuitive.

This thread and others like illustrate that fact that a small but vocal portion of our population has painted an incorrect picture of modern agriculture. We as Livestock Farmers must continue to produce animal protein efficiently and utilize technologies to improve prodcutivity and profitability.

Jim

Going back to the monensin deal - monensin sodium IS an example of a naturally occurring product of bacteria (Streptomyces cinnamonensis), and their ability to selectively prevent the growth of other bacteria near them. It's not a made up chemical, not much too much different than Penicillium fungi beating down other gram positive bacteria or Lactobacillus acidophilus waging war on Candida. Same deal with Saccharomyces cerevisiae - which has been largely studied for it's ability to disrupt and destroy other organisms.

In the study posted by ON, the only difference really is in one case (monensin), you are feeding the product, and when feeding yeast, you're feeding the whole factory and product.

Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay :

Quote:

If you tell a LIE long enough the public will believe it!

There are so many pieces of misinformation posted in this thread and on BYC.

Here are some facts:

We are using fewer antibiotics in livestock production than we did in the past (I don't have the references handy)

We must produce 100% more food by 2050 and 70% of that increase must come through technology.

Commercial livestock producers must provide proper housing, nutrition, and health care to be profitable. The assertion that livestock farmers mistreat their animals is counterintuitive.

This thread and others like illustrate that fact that a small but vocal portion of our population has painted an incorrect picture of modern agriculture. We as Livestock Farmers must continue to produce animal protein efficiently and utilize technologies to improve prodcutivity and profitability.

Jim​

The power of the internet. There is so much free access, that you can get an audience for anything and any position. The media has always been that way but at least with broadcast TV the opposition has a chance to state their views. The internet is a double edged blade and is very sharp.

Accountability is always a good thing though.

Quote:

Amen, Mrs. Katy.

I don't mean that every one of them are like that, not at all. If I see footage like that, it sickens me, no matter where I get meat from. If I k ow that somewhere that's happening, than I don't want it from anywhere. Just how my brain works.

Back
Top Bottom