Options for egg bound bantam pullet

Pics
There are almost no vets in this country that will see chickens since they are food and you know how we treat our food animals here. Yes. I'm bitter about this culture of ours.

If you have a vet that sees your cat, dog, or horse, either sweet talk them or badger them into writing you a prescription or FAXing it to that company. That is what I do with the vet who saw my cat for 21 years. I figure he owes me.

Assure your vet that he won't have to actually "see" your chickens, that you know what's wrong and how to treat it. It shouldn't be any big deal since chickens are "food" and who cares about food animals.

There is no chance in that sadly. I don't know what to do. I'll keep searching around. Thank you so much for replying.
Any chance the med is used in humans

Apparently I didn't comprehend it completely whenever I read your post. I tried and tried to order that through the link, without any luck, obviously. Now I see that I should have called after reading again. I did place an order. Here's hoping I ordered the correct thing and that it gets here quickly (shipping charge was A LOT and doubled my total). Will any sulfa med work? If I can find some fish sulfa what about that? Everyone is acting normally, but of course I am extremely worried. My daughter is convinced that I am overly worrying myself but she is 8 years old. They did have some watermelon yesterday (Friday).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200801-230118_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200801-230118_Chrome.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 1
Ok. I'll check in the morning and throughout the day tomorrow. I cleaned out their coop so that will hopefully help with identifying poops. They free ranged a lot today but I only gave them a few cut up purple grapes to help with cooling them and as a treat for doing so well for their Corid drenches. One of them shook right after I dripped on their beak and it got on my daughter's lip. Of course she licked the drip and said it tasted like hand sanitizer :-/ I'll update tomorrow. Thank you both so much. I didn't get to do the necropsy today. I woke up with a horrible headache this morning and wasn't able to get any relief until after dark. I still plan on trying to do it though. Thank you for everything!!!

Back
Top Bottom