Order arrived dead :(

Tracyree

Crowing
13 Years
May 6, 2011
Just got my order from chickensforbackyards today. They shipped Monday. I ordered 3 Easter Eggers and received 4 dead chipmunk looking chicks and one alive white chick.
sad.png

So I'm going to call them of course, but should I accept a replacement? If it weren't for the one surveyor I wouldn't consider it, don't want to risk killing more. But I know they don't thrive by themselves....

I think I'll call and tell them I need to think about it while I try to find a friend for it locally.

The heat, I'm sure. I wouldn't order anything through the mail until it cools down a bit.
They should refund your money.

I also wouldnt order anything right now through mail way 2 hot. I would try and look for something local til fall or when ever it cools down where your at.

You know, where I live here in Ohio, it's been sooooo dreadfully hot and humid. I'm wondering if these extreme temps killed your little chicks.

Soooo sorry you had to receive dead little chicks....TERRIBLE.

So I understand your hesitation on accepting another order--same thing might happen...(Is that what you're thinking?)

Maybe you can just let them know, and they might give you a credit to use at another time? Although, your little white chick could probably use some company.....

Ahhh, what to do........
hu.gif

So sorry to hear this!
I fear that I'll have the same experience...
I'm expecting my first order of chicks and atill haven't gotten them!
They were shipped Monday also. I expected them yesterday, but for whatever reason, they hadn't even arrived at my PO yet.
I don't blame the hatchery--I blame the inefficiency of US "Express" Mail. I don't understand why they can't ensure that live animal cargo gets routed as efficiently and quickly as possible.
If it had been a box of chocolates I ordered from Ohio, I would have received it 24 hours ago!

If my order goes south, I'm going to either find local channels for chicks or wait until the very early spring to place my order.
And hopefully the US Postal system will be privatized by then!
somad.gif

Well, number one, we don't know why they died. Usually chicks will do well when shipped in heat especially not a full order.

Do they all look to be day old chicks? Was there a heat source?

I told them to just refund. I'm sure it was the heat. There was a pack in there, heat pack I guess.

Posted on my local forum looking for a buddy for her.

Back
Top Bottom