order from my pet chicken

love.gif
I am IN LOVE with my order, got a "bonus" and no clue what she is but all the other girls are healthy and happy and arrived with their heat pads still warm all the way from CT to CA!! I will be ordering from them again! Cant wait to see your new babies in June
smile.png

My order arrived earlier than expected and they called me ahead to let me know. They were sexed correctly. I would expect the possiblity of getting them a few weeks earlier and be prepared just in case. I would order from them again. My chicks came from Meyer Hatchery in Ohio.

Ordered 25 from MPC, they notified me when they were shipped Monday.... They arrived on Tuesday.. Got suprise call from Post Office at 5:30AM Tuesday. All went fine. GET READY the day before birds arrive.... Temp stable in brooder, water ready, feed, bedding, blocks of wood to raise the water off ground etc.. I dipped each bird's little beak in water with some sugar in it and wiped their butts with warm water and paper towel as often as I could to keep handling them and to lessen the chances of pasty butt. The birds were properly sexed and are now large RIR's laying between 20-24 eggs daily.

The only negative was that I received 12 from one breeder and 14 from another. The chicks are totally different, eggs are different, color is different and they matured differently; however they are all laying and I am happy with that (eggs are not uniform color nor size between the two groups of birds). Next time I will tell them that I want birds from the same breeder, it was very difficult to spot the Roos since one group has/had huge comb and wattles and the other has small combs. Half have the RIR black/green dark feathers, while the others have red coloring.

I would recommend to anyone buying a small flock of 12 or more to request all birds from the same breeder MPC obviously buys from different hatcheries. Their customer service did an excellent job. I will buy from them again.

Good Luck
thumbsup.gif

I got my order from MPC on March 3rd, sent out of Delivery on the 1st. They only send one confirmation email BUT, I got a phone call a few days before they shipped and told me when they were shipping and when to expect them. I sent them an email with questions and got a very quick responce. I'm happy with them and my order!

How much does shipping cost on average for maybe 5 chicks? I mean, the chicks are just $3 each but if the shipping is $100 then those chicks get a lot more expensive.

thanks

YAY!
celebrate.gif
SO excited to read so many positive reviews of MPC. My order (1st chicks ever) will be arriving mid-May (my signature shows what I'm getting). I can't wait for my babies!!
jumpy.gif

i ordered 6 chicks and shipping for me was $31.00. but i also live 1/2 hour from a major postal hub. the post office told me that 90% of the live stock that comes into our post office comes in on the 3:30 am truck. and they said they call you immediatly to come pick them up cuz they don't want to take the chance of the chicks dieing. which is fine, but man that's early. still haven't told my husband i ordered chicks.

Back
Top Bottom