Ordered eggs seller offers live chicks?

If the distance isn't too far, and the temperatures aren't bad, you could just go for it.

She did give you the option, it isn't like she is pushing on or the other on you.

How far would they have to travel, and how much did you pay for the eggs?

if she has done it b4 go for the chicks and c if u can get get some kinda of insurance worked out like if x or more amount of the chicks arrive dead then she will send a similar amount in eggs or something good luck

Last edited:
Nope wont being doing live chicks! she wants $15 each! plus extra shipping.... I will just take my eggs and go with what I ordered. Thanks everybody for your input. and the babies weren't day old chicks almost a week old.

Last edited:
Quote:
Hmm,
caf.gif
She must be Crazy. You are smart for just taking the eggs.

Best of luck hatching!

LOL Yeah, I was going to say GOOD DEAL!!!!!

I am having BMCs hatching out right now as I type. They have to have higher humidity and get stuck in their shells easier. I bought live chicks (3 week old chicks) the first time and then wanted to try incubating some.

$15.00 a chick sounds more like it if she is offering live chicks!

I'd just take the chicks- but find out how old they are. I just had chicks shipped (2 day) that were a couple weeks old. We lost 2 of 7 and the rest are all beat to heck. I had to give one a haircut- she was so ragged. If they are one or 2 days old the babies should be good.

Quote:
If its the same price ?? I would go with live chicks, don't have to worry with hatching or loosing and during the process

Back
Top Bottom