Ordered silkies & frizzles from McMurray-what to expect?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by happyhensny, Mar 4, 2009.

1. happyhensny

happyhensny Brown Barns Farm

OK, I've gotton my chicks before from farm stores or people and now I've ordered 5 Frizzles ans 20 silkies from Murray McMurray due to arrive the week of the 16th they said. Should I get an email/call when they are shipped? I've already spoken with my local Post Office and gave my home address, home phone #, cell phone #, hubbies cell #, told them to call me AS SOON AS THEY ARRIVE, pint of blood. OK kidding about the blood.[​IMG] The guy laughed at me and said not to worry. Sorry, I do worry. Extra chicks in the box? Anything I need to know? The brooder is set up and ready to go.

2. Fresh Eggs

Fresh Eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Yay!! good for u!!! I have had mine from mm 4 a month!!! U will get the call, pick em up, and then open the box to see if any are weak/ cold looking and hold them in ur hand to warm them up. When u get home, dip their beaks in the water.... they will be ready to go!!!!! Sprinkle some feed on the paper towels so they eat it, then they will find the food. I would put a few marbles in the waterer so they dont drown.

Fresh Eggs

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by