ordering eggs for hatching from us to uk

muddy moon

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 20, 2014
Hi I was wondering how easy or viable it would be ordering eggs for hatching from usa to UK would it be as simple as ordering and getting posted or not also would the eggs survive the trip with a chance of still being viable to hatch ?? Thanks in advance

It would and some breeds are obviously easier to get in us and some in UK I think silkies are hard to come by in us but over here they are quite popular I think I paid £3 a bird from my local market

IMHO shipped eggs can barely make it from state to state over here. Customs would not allow them although I dont know the laws governing someone actually taking them on a flight for you especially if they came from a registered breeder with certificates and all that.... Having someone actually transport them for you would up the chances of survival significantly. It would be a very expensive venture. You gotta really, really want those chickens. You might actually do better looking to your European neighbors. Lots and lots of varieties there. Good luck.

Must admit royal mail is pretty good with eggs here I ordered several last year and had no breakages at all can't comment on fertility though was my first year incubating and was using cheep generic Chinese incubators learnt alot though now useing brinsea and rcom

Must admit royal mail is pretty good with eggs here I ordered several last year and had no breakages at all can't comment on fertility though was my first year incubating and was using cheep generic Chinese incubators learnt alot though now useing brinsea and rcom
Yup, nothing like losing money and beloved chicks to lousy machines to make you really appreciate an incubator that does it's job.

What breeds are you looking for? In the classified section of practical poultry magazine there are lots of breeders with many different breeds. It would be good to get eggs posted because some breeds really don't seem to exist outside of US such as the Amerucauna. Some other breeds are difficult to find as well. I quite like the ayem cemani. Never seen them in UK then 1 cockeral and two hens appeared on a FB post but sold immediately!

Back
Top Bottom