Ordering feed online

Naturewise Nutrena is 27% protein medicated with Amprolium (one of the best starter feeds for keets IMO, and what I am currently using). I don't know if you can order it online tho
hu.gif

NutrenaLabel.jpg

NWNGBS.jpg

Another good quality starter feed is made by Land O Lakes... Country Choice Turkey & Pheasant Starter, but it's not available in my area
LOLStarterFeed.jpg

Last edited:
Purina Game Fowl Starter medicated. Its hard to find, but if you ask your purina dealer to order it, they should be able to get it. Forwarn, they fought me and said Guineas shouldnt have medicated feed. I finally was able to order it.

Quote:
I heard they stopped making the medicated version...
I have a feeling it's regional and seasonal, only available in certain areas

Quote:
Purina Gamebird Pheasant Chow is medicated with Amprolium (for Coccidiosis prevention and immunity). It's not available everywhere.

Purina Startena is medicated with BMD, or they offer it not medicated at all. So be sure to read the label.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=319022

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l589/PeepsCA/StartenaNonmedocated001.jpg

I finally got hold of a bag of this.... and rediscovered a feed store because of my search for this. I cant wait till my other bag is gone

You might want to stock up on it then perchie, and buy enough to raise all your keets up to 6 weeks! A lot of feed stores only carry (or special order) the game bird feeds during spring and summer (game bird breeding season). Some companies stop making it after a certain point in the year. In the past I've gone thru H*ll trying to get a good quality game bird starter feed in late September and October when I was still hatching and brooding late season keets. I hate scrambling for feed.. makes me cranky when I get told "sorry we can't get that feed any more this time of year" lol.

Quote:
Does it keep? I was hesitant about buying a second bag but so delighted to find it I bought one any way. The old feed I have is 26 percent the new feed is 30 percent and its Purena Game bird Startina. These are new owners of an existing feed store. I asked if they carried it all the time and they said yes. I let them know I will be a regular because of this and they gave me a bunch of free treats for my horse. I will head over there this weekend and pick their brains a little more.

OK so I am watching my eleven existing Buzzards
jumpy.gif
go through about 20 lbs of the 26 percent and they were hatched on the 14th which makes them three weeks old give or take. Gawd they are soo cute. starting to get their pointy heads too.

So rounding this up to a quantifiable amount Ten keets 20 lbs the first three weeks. Assuming they eat more the bigger and older they get I suspect the rest of the bag will be gone by about week six.

This means The thirty keets
wee.gif
I am getting from you will go through 150 lbs in that amount of time. Give or take. That's three more bags four to be certain. I need to get two more galvanized trash cans. Or locate an old chest freezer. Hmmm I think an old chest freezer will work better because I wont have to take the feed out of the bags.... Omg soo much to do .....
clap.gif

OK, did I read that tag correctly or am I missing something? There is NO animal protein in a 30% protein feed for game birds? I know their Flight Conditioner 19% & their GB Layena always had animal proteins. Sure wouldn't buy feed at 30% with no animal protein. Did I miss it?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom