ordering from Murray McMurray. What are your experiences?

I think I'm going to order from them for April delivery chicks too. This will be my first time ever ordering from a hatchery and I'm excited! Glad to here the good reviews on them! Good Luck to you on your chicks!

Last edited:
I ordered 25 RIR and 25 Cornish cross last spring; all arrived alive and healthy, and the order included an extra of each type plus a mystery bonus bird. All the meat birds survived just fine right up to freezer time, all of the RIR are still alive, including the extra which turned out to be a rooster, and the mystery bird turned out to be an Andalusian rooster. Their birds are happy and healthy, their service is excellent. If they cost a few cents more per bird, I say it is worth it. Murray McMurray has earned my trust and my business.

I am so glad to hear all these positive experiences. Makes me feel more confident in my chick buying venture.

thanks, you too!

Thanks! Just placed my order with them. I wanted to order more, but am leaving room for coming home with some when they hit the local feed store.....can't not leave there without getting any. On my way to becoming chicken poor!
big_smile.png

Thanks! Just placed my order with them. I wanted to order more, but am leaving room for coming home with some when they hit the local feed store.....can't not leave there without getting any. On my way to becoming chicken poor!
big_smile.png
same here! But dad says we have a 20 chicken max, and I already have 9 hens. I'm keeping all of them from murray mcmurray, and 2 from the chick chain I'm doing at the same time, so the "minimum with HAVE to change.

We have done a few orders from murray and never had a DOA always come with good arrival and shape and if you are looking for a Sertain sex murray has a 90% garinteed on the sex you choose
Last year we got a order of speckled Sussex chicks only 2 died 1 was a runt and the other was to weak to live
This year we are getting 5 SF 5 BR and 15 black stars
hope this helped
smile.png

murray mcmurray is great .. healthy chicks awesome customer service .. =)

ordering ameracuanas (spelled that wrong sorry) and turkens this year (probably others as well =) ) and i think im going to get some ducks and geese from them as well =)

( gunna make another order from meyers this year too they are a bit cheaper but dont have all the breeds i want =p )

I just ordered from Meyer...GLOWING reviews thus far and I haven't even gotten my order yet. I placed an order changing out a few breeds just so I could have them in time...checked their website a few days later, the chicks I wanted were in stock! I called and they changed for me without the blink of an eye! Wonderful customer service thus far! My lil chickies arrive February 7th!
I have used Meyer for all of my chicks over the last few years. My latest ones came in the week before Christmas. No deaths plus extra chicks. They even sent me a text saying that they shipped my chicks, so I knew they were on the way! I really like Meyer. I know the waiting is the worst part, but they'll be here before you know it. I hope things go wonderfully for you and your chicks.

I've ordered 200 or so chicks from MMM over the years. Usually mid-March orders. I've never had a DOA, but I have had a couple that just failed to thrive, and MMM refunded my money with no questions. In fact, last time I had a bunch of chicks where the breeds all look the same--all little chipmunks--so I didn't know which breed had died. I offered to wait a couple of months until I could figure it out, but the MMM rep said NO, and just refunded my money based on the most expensive breed I'd ordered.

I also get birds from Meyer, which is within driving distance for me. They have super prices on started pullets, as long as you can go get them and not pay shipping. I order chicks from MMM, though, because I like the birds I get from there better. I know without a doubt that MMM Easter Eggers lay better than the ones from Meyer. Bigger eggs, and more of them. We sell eggs, and the blue and green eggs sell the cartons--so I pay close attention to these things.

Back
Top Bottom