Ordering from Papas Poultry next week!

noahsmom

Songster
9 Years
Jan 11, 2013
North Eastern, Ky
Anyone going to be starting eggs not this coming week but the next? Im ordering wednesday of next week so I imagine he probably wont be sending until early the following week.
Ordering 5 BBS Orpingtons, 5BBS x SL project eggs, 4 EEs and 4 Light Sussex! Very excited but nervous Ive had 3 succesful hatches but each one was not for the faint at heart :/ dead chicks, stuck chicks, dying chicks...but can be so rewarding to. :) I hope they make it ok from California to Kentucky!

Keep us posted at your success with the hatch. I have ordered eggs to hatch three different times and ave only had one chick hatch, This chick did not live more than a week despite all the efforts I took to keep it alive.

Thank you and I hate that :( we have the genesis 1588 a/auto turner and it was the best investment I could have made. Each hatch I've done was pretty successful just I have a problem with opening the bator to much. But with this hatch I plan to only open to candle when I need to and leave it at that. I feel like a kid at a candy store and mom telling you not to touch a thing! Lol yeah right. So I believe this helped caused sticky/stuck chicks.
I ended up purchasing the eggs today but I also got 2 lemon cuckoo orps just for fun hope one hatches and is a hen :) his are beautiful.

I'd like to know as well. I plan on ordering from him because he has a couple breeds I've beeen trying-unsuccessfully- to find local.

I ordered some from him to be shipped while Im on spring break the week of march 7-11. I ordered a few Black Copper Marans and some blue laced red wyandottes. I will post an update when they get here! They were pretty pricey but I have heard his bloodlines are top of the line and so far he has been super nice to work with. I dont mind paying more for better quality chickens. Cant wait til they get here.

Back
Top Bottom