Ordering Frontline Plus on Ebay- Big savings, but ???

JenniferJoIN

Songster
12 Years
Sep 10, 2007
Southern Indiana
I was looking for frontline for our pets and sellers on ebay sell it in 'bulk' and the pet owner can use a syringe-type thing to portion out the correct dosage. It's a HUGE savings. (It's $79.00 on 1800petmeds.com for six months for ONE pet, and $20.00 for eight months for one pet on ebay).

Does anyone have any experience with doing this or heard any complaints?

I would be weary as well.

I've started using Revolution because it is heartwork & flea prevention in ONE.

For two reasons:
1-I used to get occasional bad batches of Frontline

2-I hated the idea of giving two seperate poisons to the dog. With Revolution it's wrapped up in one and makes me feel like it might be safer. (Kind of like one med for two illnesses instead of 2 meds that might not work well together or cause problems.)

I've had my Lab on Revolution for a year with NO problems and NO bad batches or fleas. I get it from Petmeds.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use revolution on 5/6 of my pets... the other gets a frontline/heartguard combo he's outside & free to roam so he needed better tick protection.

regardless... I order from Petshed because it's the cheapest so far.. I save over 50% of what my local vet would charge me, not to mention they don't even support my use of revolution so I can't even get that from them anyway. Plus petshed sends me free dewormer with every bulk purchase.

I would worry about the eBay sales & any type of meds. However, I do support bulk purchases... I use a dosage syringe (available at the feed store) to dole out the dosage to the 5 pets... I save another 30% or more doing in that way as well.

Right now:
petsmeds Revolution Lg 6mos supply: 113.98 ON SALE
petshed Revolution Lg 6mos supply: 76.95 regular price with free dewormer

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Ebay! I bought some frontline just a month ago for the first time. My Yorkie had fleas! OMG! I freaked out. ordered the bulk on Ebay. it came in 3 days. It really isn't in "bulk" unnamed packaging. it came in a frontline "tube" with the exp. date on it. the "bulk" part comes in when you take the huge dog dose and break it down into little dog doses. I have two dogs and the huge dog dose lasts for 3 months for 2 little dogs. it was $17.69 for the tube of stuff, a bottle to store it in, stickers for your calendar to remind you when to apply it again, instructions and a syringe to apply it with. couldn't be happier, no more fleas.

My vet is the one who first suggested that I buy the packs for big dogs. The receptionist gave me a syringe to portion it out. Saved me a lot of money to treat my 2 cats with one dog dosage.

I've also purchased it online (800 pet meds or something like that). Had to put into the comp that I had a dog instead of 2 cats, but what business of theirs is it?
smile.png
Don't think I'd get it on ebay unless seller had stellar feedback.

Back
Top Bottom