Ordering Frontline Plus on Ebay- Big savings, but ???

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by JenniferJoIN, Dec 8, 2008.

1. JenniferJoIN

JenniferJoIN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    I was looking for frontline for our pets and sellers on ebay sell it in 'bulk' and the pet owner can use a syringe-type thing to portion out the correct dosage. It's a HUGE savings. (It's $79.00 on 1800petmeds.com for six months for ONE pet, and $20.00 for eight months for one pet on ebay).

Does anyone have any experience with doing this or heard any complaints?

2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I saw that also, but how do you know that you are getting frontline plus and not something else? Thats the reason why I didnt purchase it.

3. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

I've bought Frontlineplus on ebay before, but I got the little tubes, not the bulk one.

I was leary of the bulk, also.

Sorry, not much help.

meri

4. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    I would be weary as well.

I've started using Revolution because it is heartwork & flea prevention in ONE.

For two reasons:
    1-I used to get occasional bad batches of Frontline

2-I hated the idea of giving two seperate poisons to the dog. With Revolution it's wrapped up in one and makes me feel like it might be safer. (Kind of like one med for two illnesses instead of 2 meds that might not work well together or cause problems.)

I've had my Lab on Revolution for a year with NO problems and NO bad batches or fleas. I get it from Petmeds.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2008
  5. DawnSuiter

DawnSuiter Chillin' With My Peeps

I use revolution on 5/6 of my pets... the other gets a frontline/heartguard combo he's outside & free to roam so he needed better tick protection.

regardless... I order from Petshed because it's the cheapest so far.. I save over 50% of what my local vet would charge me, not to mention they don't even support my use of revolution so I can't even get that from them anyway. Plus petshed sends me free dewormer with every bulk purchase.

I would worry about the eBay sales & any type of meds. However, I do support bulk purchases... I use a dosage syringe (available at the feed store) to dole out the dosage to the 5 pets... I save another 30% or more doing in that way as well.

Right now:
    petsmeds Revolution Lg 6mos supply: 113.98 ON SALE
    petshed Revolution Lg 6mos supply: 76.95 regular price with free dewormer

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2008
  6. consdrs

consdrs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Vancouver, WA
    I love Ebay! I bought some frontline just a month ago for the first time. My Yorkie had fleas! OMG! I freaked out. ordered the bulk on Ebay. it came in 3 days. It really isn't in "bulk" unnamed packaging. it came in a frontline "tube" with the exp. date on it. the "bulk" part comes in when you take the huge dog dose and break it down into little dog doses. I have two dogs and the huge dog dose lasts for 3 months for 2 little dogs. it was $17.69 for the tube of stuff, a bottle to store it in, stickers for your calendar to remind you when to apply it again, instructions and a syringe to apply it with. couldn't be happier, no more fleas.

7. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    Double check the shipping & handlins. Often it isn't cheaper when you include that.

8. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    My vet is the one who first suggested that I buy the packs for big dogs. The receptionist gave me a syringe to portion it out. Saved me a lot of money to treat my 2 cats with one dog dosage.

I've also purchased it online (800 pet meds or something like that). Had to put into the comp that I had a dog instead of 2 cats, but what business of theirs is it? [​IMG] Don't think I'd get it on ebay unless seller had stellar feedback.

9. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I think they make different frontline for cats and you are not supposed to use dog frontline on cats... I think... not sure.

10. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    Quote:Yes, Frontline for dogs will kill cats.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by