Ordering some ducklings from Holderreads and hope its not too late

Didn't mean to complicate things! You can always add on to your order or change it if that's what you decide. I added on the geese to my order. When I spoke with Dave Holderread he said it is best to start with a mixture of breeds. People see and admire different qualities in each breed. He said it's best just to sit in a chair and watch them (which I do lots of)!

Quote:
I hear you on that! We really love the ducks we have now and can't wait to add some more 'color' when the other ones arrive - We like variety. What goslings did you get? I really waffled on getting some goslings as well but we figured that maybe next year would be better. Right now I gotta worry about getting another shed/duck house built or bought.

After reading a little more, I hope we didn't make a mistake with Magpie ducks because they may be a little more high strung and the males maybe overly amorous. We can deal with that portion later.

I wanted pilgrims but they were sold out so i got embden. they have been great! they are so funny to watch, they are very clumbsy and look like lil fat airplanes trying to take off when they go running after the ducks

I thought about Pilgrims, Pomeranian, and Shetlands as well. But, I am gonna pace myself and wait until next year.

Last edited:
Quote:
I COULD do that...but I better wait for now. I have to worry about getting a shed/housing built for the ducks that are coming in June from Holderreads. I have convinced myself to wait. Working on my patience virtue.

heres some exhibition quality pencilled runners from Holderreads, my DS got these this week, ducklings were healthy and vigorous, Holderreads is a great company to deal with!

55743_img_0762.jpg

Quote:
You know, we waffled between the Runners and Magpies - but settled on Magpies. Runners are a unique and pretty duck. Just their stance makes me laugh.

yes, the ducklings zoom around like little penguins, they are hilarious, my DS goes in the brooder with them and they jump all over him until they realize hes not food!

55743_img_0753.jpg

Back
Top Bottom