Ordering spring chicks

andreanar

Crowing
5 Years
May 16, 2014
Finger Lakes, NY
Ive exhausted my brain searching for a hatchery that has the breeds I want. So here I am to ask the experts. Which hatchery has the most breeds? I want some: BLRW, LF cochin, Marans, Orps other than buff, Sussex, Dark Brahma.

MPC is sold out of most breeds through the next half year. I'm hoping they are just slow in updating their online catalog. There's also Meyer Hatchery where MPC has their hatching space. I can't get their catalog to come up, though.

If you're okay with some bantams, I would check out Ideal Hatchery.

Im not a fan of bantams :oops:. I like my hens big and round!

MPC is sold out of most breeds through the next half year. I'm hoping they are just slow in updating their online catalog. There's also Meyer Hatchery where MPC has their hatching space. I can't get their catalog to come up, though.

Thanks. I think I checked out Meyer. Ill check out MPC, maybe request a catalog if I can or call on the phone.

My pet chicken is now accepting orders for 2019, I got their email yesterday and I JUST looked at the site. If you want BCM's they currently have PLENTY..... as well as many other breeds.

My Pet Chicken gets most of their chicks from other hatcheries and charge ridiculous prices! I have ordered nice breeds from Cackle the same as MPC for half the price.

I might add that I have bought all the breeds you want from Cackle at one time or another. Right now I have a flock of Ameraucana from them in Splash, White, Lavender/Self Blue, Black, and Blue. All are gorgeous and friendly.

Last edited:
Ive exhausted my brain searching for a hatchery that has the breeds I want. So here I am to ask the experts. Which hatchery has the most breeds? I want some: BLRW, LF cochin, Marans, Orps other than buff, Sussex, Dark Brahma.

You might check Murray McMurray, they're taking 2019 orders now with free shipping. They have Cochins, Marans, Orps, Sussex, and Wynadottes. I believe they're located in Iowa.
index.html

andreanar

I too am on the search for chicks in the Spring and have exhausted my brain researching as well. My DH says that the internet should just say- end of the road when I click on it as I have looked on every website, blog and forum regarding chicks, chickens, hatcheries, breeders and middle men. I also just came back from the Ohio National Poultry show which has probably confused me even more lol! I have read really great things about Cackle and I have requested a 2019 catalog this morning that will be sent to me in Jan/Feb. I am hoping to place an order in early 2019 to get the breeds I want for an April delivery. I have only done agway and middleman purchases in the past and figure why not go direct to the source this time around? Here are some links to a few great articles that I read yesterday that were very helpful.

https://www.thehappychickencoop.com/cackle-hatchery-what-you-should-know-before-buying/

https://www.communitychickens.com/how-does-your-favorite-mail-order-hatchery-stack-up/

Happy Researching!

Back
Top Bottom