Oregano oil for chickens

Hello, so you have to buy this from out of the country? That's why it cost so much. Mainly because of shipping. Is there not a US distributor?
I'm going to get some of this. I like the extra ingredients. Better immunity. Thanks

Hello, so you have to buy this from out of the country? That's why it cost so much. Mainly because of shipping. Is there not a US distributor?
I'm going to get some of this. I like the extra ingredients. Better immunity. Thanks
Oregano Oil, organic: http://www.ropastore.com/us/ropadiar-liquid-organic 1000ml $27.95 dose 3-4ml

Ropa Complete: http://www.ropastore.com/us/poultry 500ml $22.95 does 12ml

shipping $10.00

I am alternating the two products to save money. The does is higher for the Ropa Complete vs the oregano oil, so it is quite a bit more expensive.

And as I said above, it ships from a US distributor in the mid-west. Came fast to me in california California.

I use the oil of Oregeno from http://www.ropapharm.com/global/animal-species/poultry.

This stuff is amazing. I've had my chickens on it for most of this year and they are so healthy and beautiful.

Oil of Oregeno has antibiotic, anti-fungal, anti-parasitic, and anti-viral properties. These pathogens don't have a prayer when it comes to oil of Oregeno.

Please check this product out. Very affordable and easy to use. Put 6cc per gallon on water for the first 21 days and then 3cc per gallon thereafter.

When there is a sudden change in temperature I have went back up to the 6cc per gallon of water.

You can put it in a galvanized or plastic watered.
This oil strengthens your chickens immune system too.

I take oil of Oregeno myself and for my family. Get the human form from health food stores.

Ropapharm also has a product for equines which I use on the horses as well.

Good stuff for sure!!!!

My chickens don't know what it is like to drink plain water.

The Braggs ACV is also a great product. Keeps the Ph level in your body correct. Therefore disease can't get a foothold.

Do the research and you'll learn a lot about these things.

Thanks for reading. I have the contact info for Ropaharm if anyone is interested in their products. They are located in Iowa and can ship to your home. Cost is less than $30.00 for 1000 ml bottle. I have over 100 head of chickens and guineas and they get it in their water everyday. Healthy and more healthy!!!

the dosage is 0.6 ml, not 6 cc's! I can 't believe it that your chickens would drink it with that strong of a taste! you can get it here...www.firststatevetsupply.com. They are in the US. It should last a long time. I do think it helps as a natural antibiotic and promotes gut health, and we give it to our flock occasionally, but not every day.

The product I use states 6cc per gallon for the first 21 days and then 3cc thereafter. My chickens drink it like crazy. They love the water. It really works.

0.06 cc is not enough to make any difference. That's a tad bit over 1/2 cc?? That dosage wouldn't make any difference.

Ranger7 your product is diluted. chicknmania you are using 100 percent pure oregano oil as I see from your link.

Thanks for the clarification.
tongue.png

I ordered the poultry complete this afternoon. Thanks. I'll keep this post updated as to results of my hens.

Dan, the distributor said to give stressed birds 24 cc's of the complete for 3 to 4 days. Then drop down to 12 cc's. It takes more because of the other ingredients. Unlike the plain oil of Oregeno which is 6 cc's under stress or illness and then drop down to 3cc's per gallon of water. I really like and prefer to use natural products when dealing with my birds and all my animals.
I have had eggs all winter. And even older birds are still laying. Thanks

I'm curious, why do you people use oil in water? Oil won't dissolve in water, so that one drop of oil will just stay in a little ball in water. I personally like to make them oatmeal and mix a few drops in there for them.

Back
Top Bottom